Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Fantastic forum you have here.

I am interested in buying a SL500 and I am looking for a "buyers guide". I have read through the forum and did not find anything. Can someone point me in a direction where something might exist? If not maybe this thread could be used as a starting point?

I found a good example for the 560SEC at http://www.mbcoupes.com/Buyer's%20Guide/buyersguide.htm

I live in South of France and I am also looking in Germany. Any pointers for sites/good dealers appreciated.

Thanks - John

·
Registered
92 300E
78 Posts
Hi there!! I just joined this board and am also interested in buying a SL500. I'd be c...

Hi there!! I just joined this board and am also interested in buying a SL500. I'd be curious to know if you ever found anything useful in your search, like perhaps a model/options guide, or common problems, or anything along the lines of what to look for or what to avoid. I'd appreciate anything you might have come across. Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
95 SL500 and AMG

Hello Everyone, I am a new and happy Mercedes owner What an automobile!! I read alot of the posts at this website and i am very happy to see so many educated answers [:)] well i really do have a question though. I am wondering about the sl500 history with AMG and what years they started equiping the sl's (129R) with their parts and what those parts were? I have a 95 SL500 and I really want to try to be AMG-Mercedes correct for that year. Or does it really matter?[?]

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just bought my first 500 SL and it was well worth the effort I put in. Did most of my re...

I just bought my first 500 SL and it was well worth the effort I put in. Did most of my research on review boards such as this. 500 SL's are very reliable and solid.

As for the AMG question, I'll defer to those more knowledgeable than I but I'll say that unless it comes from the factory it will never truly be an AMG model. It would be an expensive effort and I doubt you'd get well compensated at resale time. AMG models are usually designated by two digits not three. For example, SL 55, C32, C36, C43 etc. There are tons of cars with AMG crests that were bought on Ebay while the car may have no AMG parts.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Good to see you CDN from Mercedesshop!!

I also just bought my SL500 and am quite happ...

Good to see you CDN from Mercedesshop!!

I also just bought my SL500 and am quite happy with it. Now if only this darn snow would go away...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts