Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi have some trivia for those Mercedes 'experts' out there. I have a 1995 SL320. My ownners manual says that the windows automatically crack open upon opening the door and then close when you shut the door. This apparently allows the large doors to open and shut easier. Mine does not do this. I brought it to the dealer service dept. and they claim my car does not have that 'option'. I did not read anywhere where it was an option. Do these cars have this feature or not ??<br> <br> Thanks,<br> Bill K.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi,<br> <br> I used to own a 1996 SL 320. My car did have that. I believe this is not an option. R129 had a face lift in 1996 models. Maybe they put this feature in 1996.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got mine new, and it never did that. I believe the S500 does that with the double-paned windows. <br> My SL problem (1993 320SL & 1995 SL320)has been rotors. Unlike any other model new Mercedes I have had (S, CE), the rotors warp very quickly with normal driving. Not until I got aftermarket drilled racing rotors did I solve this problem. This was about the time they discontinued asbestos brake pads.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm self work in the Bremer MB factory from the beginnig R129 1989 to summer 2001 and i build in this time the Softtop.<br> We start the produktion with the lowering feature<br> at may 1995.<br> When you have a prior version then is it a R129 without lowering feature.<br> <br> Stefan Dziendziel

·
Registered
1995 Sl320 Roadster
66 Posts
The 1995 manual says that the window functions are controlled by the window motor.If your windows work,then you should have this function.If you disconnected you battery and then opened or closed your doors,then the system may have to be reset.Try manually putting your top down and then try raising it again with the switch.See if the windows both come up after the front of the top latches.If not,then try turning your key to the #2 position and raise each window and hold switch for 5 more seconds.This should reset your windows.My car was manufactured in 2/95.So any after 1/95 should have this newer window motor.

·
Registered
2000 Obsidian Black Metallic Mercedes SL 320 V6
4,527 Posts
Hi SL3204me I have a different problem with windows: my car is a 2000 SL 320 V6 (129.064) and even if the manual says my windows should rise automatically they don't. It seems that the window button doesn't even have the 2nd step in rising like it has in lowering them.
Is it normal? My car is a jaharrewagen so it's and ex mercedes factory car sourced from Germany.
Thanks for help.

Cheers.

·
Registered
97 SL500
226 Posts
Yes it's normal not to have the "second step". This step is for auto down of the windows, R129s do not do auto up like most of the BMW's I've owned...hence, no second step on UP. My 97, up/down on close/open works perfectly but did need to reset once while my dad still owned the car.

msbarsi said:
Hi SL3204me I have a different problem with windows: my car is a 2000 SL 320 V6 (129.064) and even if the manual says my windows should rise automatically they don't. It seems that the window button doesn't even have the 2nd step in rising like it has in lowering them.
Is it normal? My car is a jaharrewagen so it's and ex mercedes factory car sourced from Germany.
Thanks for help.

Cheers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts