Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had been ready to purchase an SLK and was going to wait for the AMG model to come out. What I really wanted was an SL, but the price. . . I wanted a new car, what would have been my first. So, I was willing to settle for less.<br>
Yesterday, I was at the MB of Austin dealership and saw a beautiful black 1995 SL500 w/ 43,000 miles for $49,900. And I decided then and there to buy a preowned SL. <br>
So, now I have some questions and would like to turn to your group expertise:<br>
I am looking for an SL320 or 500 made after say 1995 with under 50,000 miles. And am wondering if there are any red flags that should be on my radar screen before buying. Things like: certain years or models or features to avoid, or seek out. Is there a dealer that specializes in preowned "Starmarked" cars or a good place to seek out private sales of MB's still under warranty. Any help would be greatly appreciated. If I buy used, I might even have some $$'s for the MB club! Private mails welcome as well as advise for the masses.<br>
<br>
Thank you,<br>
Rob <br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi Rob,<br>
<br>
The SL is many people's dream car. It was mine as well. I recently sold my 99 SL500. I loved the car tremendously.<br>
<br>
I've worked at the top MBZ delaer in the nation for 8 years, so I've answered this question many times. There really isn't a bad year for the 129 (1990 model year-present) SL body. What you need to determine is which engine do you prefer, bugdet permiting. The SL500 is the superior car without doubt, but the SL320 gives you all the same benefits less the power. Once you determine your budget I can tell you what year SL320 or SL500 you should look for. <br>
<br>
I do have a great inventory of SL's. Most of our pre-owned cars are Starmarked also.<br>
<br>
Let me know if I can help.<br>
<br>
James Sullivan<br>
House of Imports<br>
714-562-1194<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi i just got a 2000 sl500 with 32000 mi fo 51000. with amg , look around i found a lot in the 45000. to 55ooo range and it is a nice car if you buy used from mb thay add 4000 6000 for starmark, good luck,andy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts