Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1998 CLK320
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
THIS IS A COMMAND UNIT FROM EUROPE, WHICH INCLUDES THE MUCH DESIRED TV TUNER, PLUS ALL THE STANDARD OPTIONS THAT COME WITH THE US COMMAND SYSTEM. EXTREMELY HARD TO FIND IN US. A TRUE HEAD TURNER. EMAIL ME AT [email protected] WITH QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS. LOOKING FOR AROUND 1900.

·
Registered
1990 560SEL
314 Posts
TV option

Hmmm, I think there could be a problem. Having a tv would be nice, as only the european models are equiped with them, but would the tv work in North America? We use NTSC while most of europe uses PAL, and I believe France has its own system. Since this unit is from europe, I don't think you would be able to pick up any signals while you are in North America. Perhaps this can work with some sort of DVD system ( I really don't know ), but as for regular tv you just won't get a signal. I'm sure you will correct me if I am wrong, since you have the system, and you know how it works.

·
Registered
ML500
140 Posts
There are 2 types of MB TV tuner

Old one supports PAL/Secam
New one supports PAL/Secam...

There are 2 types of MB TV tuner

Old one supports PAL/Secam
New one supports PAL/Secam/NTSC

Secam is the French Standard, NTSC the US standard.

You can tell the different tuners because the new one has RCA jacks for the 2 auxiliary video inputs - the old one has 0.1" header plugs (and no RCA jacks)

New one has been around for about a year.

The newer US COMAND units will work with TV - if the MB dealer tells the COMAND unit there is a TV tuner then the "Blank" TV button springs into life.

European COMANDs have TV button, RDS text - but dont have weatherband. AM reception isnt good (as Europe frequency spacing is 9khz, US is 10khz). BUT, US COMAND units are hard to come by, EU units easily available.
I dont know if US Teleaid needs a US COMAND unit to work ..

Cheers

R

1 - 4 of 4 Posts