Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2009 SL550 Silver Arrow Launch Edition, 2013 Mercedes Benz C300 4Matic
986 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally found 3 replacement assemblies for the center vents! I have been missing my directional air control flow knobs, and they are only available by purchasing and replacing the entire assembly. I know a few of you are in the same predicament, so if you would like either of the remaining 2 , contact me and I will arrange to ship them to you. Cost is $80.00 USD plus shipping. I know I will beglad to have these controls after a year of not having them.

·
Banned
Y2K SL500 Silver
8,660 Posts
josephanthony said:
I finally found 3 replacement assemblies for the center vents! I have been missing my directional air control flow knobs, and they are only available by purchasing and replacing the entire assembly. I know a few of you are in the same predicament, so if you would like either of the remaining 2 , contact me and I will arrange to ship them to you. Cost is $80.00 USD plus shipping. I know I will beglad to have these controls after a year of not having them.
Joseph,
How are your center vent replacement knobs holding up after two years?

I did not lose any of my slider parts as some have so I took mine apart and used Super glue to glue the two pieces together as well as I touched up the other slider knob just in case. http://www.benzworld.org/forums/r12...iy-repair-replace.html?highlight=center+vents
It's only been a week since I did this and I know some others have taken this same approach and came back to let me know that the glue did not hold over time. Your thoughts?

Now I found out that my driver side Air Vents p/n 1298300154 9115(black), $79.00 US is also not fully functioning. It really does not need to be replaced as the center vent did but my desire (anal) is to fix it.

Have you ever R&R the side vents? If so please tell me how.

ANYBODY ELSE would gladly be appreciated.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts