Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
C 230 Sport
184 Posts
Get the SL 600 sport. Who would be better than you?...

Get the SL 600 sport. Who would be better than you?

·
Registered
C 230 Sport
184 Posts
The SL 600 is coming out for 04' The sport will be an option. Ask the dealer about it....

The SL 600 is coming out for 04' The sport will be an option. Ask the dealer about it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
i m contemplating the same thing:

SL55 for: AMG!, suspension, more agressive looks (...

i m contemplating the same thing:

SL55 for: AMG!, suspension, more agressive looks (mostly just the exhaust pipes; the lights are similar??); better looking instrument dial?
SL55 against: none

SL600 for: TORQUE!, exclusiveness
SL600 against: no steering wheel switch for the gearbox; trims not as flashy as SL55.

supposedly I read somewhere that the SL600 feel less darty on rough roads than the similarly tired SL55.... can someone confirm the number of SL600 vs SL55 to be imported to US and Canada? i think the ratio is at least 1:2 (400 SL600 vs 1000 SL55 vs 8000 SL500) (sourece http://www.autoweek.com/cat_content.mv?port_code=autoweek&cat_code=reviews&loc_code=index&content_code=02631265)

supposedly 10grand more than the SL55, but i found the international site to be about 4% more.

afterall, for the SL600, you can order an AMG appearance package (sans the quad tip), and perhaps a "Sports" package?

can someone elaborate on the sports pacakge?
can someone comment on resale value of these two?

can someone also comment on the 7G gearbox coming out for the SL500 - will this evolve to the SL55 or SL600? Seems to be quite nice but i imagine with the torque on the TTV12, it is not really an issue.

·
Registered
13 Posts
i read in the US it is not offered.. instead you get the heated steering without shift b...

i read in the US it is not offered.. instead you get the heated steering without shift buttons. somehow the marketing ppl feels the SL600 buyers would be too lazy to shift themselves..

·
Registered
769 Posts
Wait for the SL65 instead :)

It will be a monster!!
/Johan

·
Registered
ML55, E320 4matic
326 Posts
Ummm...

According to my knowledge, i don't think the SL65 has yet to come out of production.

·
Registered
C280 Sport
70 Posts
Re: sl55

steering wheel shift is too slow! Don't bother about it! Traction is the big problem.

Actually the steering wheel shift is faster than shiftronic. And a little easier to use.

·
Registered
SL600, BMW K1200LT
1 Posts
I got my SL600 last week from the plant Bremen incl. the new nano obsidian black colour.

First impressions: very big TORQUE! at all speeds even beyond 200km/h.
I got the F1 steering wheel switch for the gearbox that works fine for me, but: you won't need that in fact that the automatic gear box has a new switch for comfortable and sports gear

The trims are OK, suspension better than my previous SL500. The SL600 also feels less darty on rough roads than the similarly tired SL55.

Gas consuption is much higher than the SL500, maybe 30-40 % if you use the potential of the car ...

The 7G gearbox coming out for the SL500 can't work with the high torque of the SL600.

Overall it's a great comfortable car but the gas consumption is a little bit to high for me or the tank should be 20% bigger otherwise you have to often to stop for gas.

Wolfgang

·
Registered
'05 330i ZHP
1,036 Posts
The 7 speed will probably come out on the SL600 and 55 after they have improved it somewhat. I'd go with the SL600, more potential for tuning, and the "smooth ride of the silky V12". I believe Motor trend said that, or C&D, not sure.

·
Registered
2004 SL 600
2 Posts
I have a SL600 2004 currently , I traded a 2003 SL55. both cars are fantastic but i like the 600 over the 55 . The 600 has more low end torque and rides more smoothly

·
Registered
ML 320 2000
332 Posts
Please compare the Performance diferences?? and
millage consumption diferences?? they seems to be very similar!!! and what about the SL_500??

·
Registered
'05 330i ZHP
1,036 Posts
The acceleration is the same, the 600 weighs more, but has a bit more torque. the SL500 would be left in the dust. I read some tests of SL55's and 600's, they all accelerated to 100km/h in around 4.5 seconds. If you want performance, get a Brabus SL SV12 6.3, blow the doors off of any SL55, even a K8. Or you can get an SL65, but they are only available in about a year, but they might get a sport package and an hp bump to 680. Imagine telling someone you have an SL65 sport, that would probably be half the fun of owning one.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts