Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
03 C32 AMG , 95 C280
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got the SL 55 AMG intake piece for my car. It does feel really nice! Especially in the top rpm band and especially on the freeway! I can get the kit for $117 email me if you want one or have any questions. [email protected] I will post a pic soon!

·
Registered
07 SL550, c32(sold)
17 Posts
sounds great! what's included in the kit besides the sl55 intake piece??

thanks....

sounds great! what's included in the kit besides the sl55 intake piece??

thanks.

·
Registered
03 C32 AMG , 95 C280
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The kit includes..

The kit includes the sl 55 intake y piece that connects to the throttle body and the 2 rubber amg hoses that go to the air boxes. It does take a little work to connect them to the boxes. its not really that hard. The last dyno that was done showed 12 hp and 14 lbs with filters. It is really feelable in the upper rpm band.

·
Registered
2003 C32 AMG
10 Posts
how to install it then? do you have a write up? or... its just a simple bolt on? got ...

how to install it then? do you have a write up? or... its just a simple bolt on? got any pix yet?? [:D][:D][:D][:D]

·
Registered
07 SL550, c32(sold)
17 Posts
Re: The kit includes..

The kit includes the sl 55 intake y piece that connects to the throttle body and the 2 rubber amg hoses that go to the air boxes. It does take a little work to connect them to the boxes. its not really that hard. The last dyno that was done showed 12 hp and 14 lbs with filters. It is really feelable in the upper rpm band.
Are the 2 hoses included in your kit custom made or are those hoses stock from the SL55? I remember stating that the hoses need to be custom made to fit the C32.

An increase of 12hp/14tq? That sounds very good. Do you have any Dyno plots of this?? I would be very interested in this kit and know if those are custom hoses made to fit the C32.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
C32
4 Posts
Lots of air

I want to believe that this is true. However since no dyno has been provided it looks like the intake issue here is a "lot of thin air" for the moment.

Pics don't take long to take and post in these days of digital media.

WE NEED PROOVE !

·
Registered
03 C32 AMG , 95 C280
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I will post a pic as soon as i get my car out of impound...

I will post a pic as soon as i get my car out of impound... It does fit! i know because it is on my car. Vadim probally said it doesnt fit because he is try to make his own. My car got impounded march 14th. I will take a pic as soon as i get my car back. I am also working with hose techniques to make custom made hoses for the car.

·
Registered
C32 AMG
3 Posts
hey, it sounds like a great idea to me. cheap mod with great power advantage. When you p...

hey, it sounds like a great idea to me. cheap mod with great power advantage. When you post a pic can you post a pic of the sl55 intake piece next to the C32 intake piece. thanks.

·
Registered
1994 MB C280
4 Posts
WARNING:DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS PERSON

Just a stern warning to anyone who is thinking about buying something from N.M.M. He posted some parts for sale on her 7 months ago and I made him an offer and he accepted. I sent him a money order the next day. Well 7 months later I still have not got about $900 in parts he was supposed to send me and he will not respond to my email and phone calls. I live in georgia and he live in California, so theres not much I can do. He has lied to me time and time again saying he sent the parts, but Ive never got them. Wath out for this criminal!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
03 C32 AMG , 95 C280
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
THAT IS !!! BULL SH*T !!!

EMAIL THIS GUY !!!!! HE HAS RECIEVED ALL THE PARTS THAT WE AGREED ON!!!!! THIS GUY IS BULL SH*T PURE BULL SH*T , IF YOU DONT TRUST ME AND YOU WANT THE PARTS PICK THEM UP IN PERSON. I CANT STEAL YOUR MONEY IF I GIVE YOU THE PARTS IN PERSON! EITHER WAY I HAVE THE PICS

·
Registered
C32 AMG
3 Posts
looks like its an easy fit. So how long was installation and do you have any dyno charts...

looks like its an easy fit. So how long was installation and do you have any dyno charts.

·
Registered
C220
30 Posts
that intake is made for a super charged engine not a naturally aspirated engine. so how ...

that intake is made for a super charged engine not a naturally aspirated engine. so how would it fit on a naturally aspirated c-class? plus the sl55 is a v8 so it requires a larger air to fuel ratio so the intake would be too big plus ur check engine light would go on cuz the air flo sensor would notice too much air goin into the intake manifold! the intake i have is wut u need!

Attachments

·
Registered
03 C32 AMG , 95 C280
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Are yoy kidding me?

Are you kidding me? First of all im not trying to be rude but are you in the wrong forum? The c32 is a Supercharged car, we are not talking about the c320. THE AIR SENSOR WILL NOT SEND A CODE. The intake you have pictured is for a w202 not a w203 and apears to be an intake pipe off of a honda accord. I also have a w202. And your setup if you have not noticed yet produces high engine temp in the w202.

·
Registered
C32 AMG, Ferrari 360
22 Posts
Some guys said we must modify the C32's computer if we change SL-55 Y. What do you think...

Some guys said we must modify the C32's computer if we change SL-55 Y. What do you think?

·
Registered
03 C32 AMG , 95 C280
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You do not have to modify the computer to install the sl55 intake piece! Its a great mod...

You do not have to modify the computer to install the sl55 intake piece! Its a great mod without a modified computer! If you were to get a computer upgrade you would benefit more with the increased airflow. Trust me I am still the worlds fastest reported c32. 12.6!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hey do you have any suggestions on how to make a dual intake on a 2005 c230. Right now only the passenger side cut out is beeing use with the fabric tube which connects to the drive side of the engine. The driver side has a cut out but has a plate blocking it which can easly be knock out. Do they sell a Y(to replace the single hook up at the engine) so i can connect a second fabric tube to the drive side cut out.
Thanks
Rick

1 - 20 of 21 Posts