Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Mercedes SL 500 (R129)
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wonder if anyone out there can help me. I have a 98 500 SL she is a lovely girl who is getting a bit tempremental at the moment. The series of ignition lights and the ability to start the car seem to be delayed after turning the swith on. - The SRS red indicatior comes on right away and goes out after a few seconds, the wipers radio etc all will work bt the ignition lights seem to take quite a few seconds sometime not coming on until multiple tries are attempted.

Any similar experiences out there ?:confused:

·
Registered
1992 SL600
8 Posts
I have the same problem with my 600 SL. People have told me that its the contacts in the ignition switch, but I'm not convinced. I "serviced" the contacts, which actually looked pretty good. My car only has 25,000 miles on it. I think it could be a relay somewhere in the ignition circuit, but I don't know enough to say anything more than that.

·
Registered
Mercedes SL 500 (R129)
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mercedes SL 500 ignition problems

Thanks for that quick reply, now I also think it is a relay somewhere under the bonnet ??? The local Mercedes Garage down here in Puglia Italy says its the ignition switch and have ordered a new switch. Now the car has only done 31,000 and had a new ignition switch fitted at 18,000 miles. Perhaps someone else will have a thought.

many thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts