Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am new to this forum and am going to buy a Mercedes within the next year.

Which would be a better choice and why:

2000 CLK 430 Coupe
1999 SL 500

I appreciate any info

·
Registered
1994 SL320, '76 240D
153 Posts
If you have the money, I would get the SL. The SL is basicaly MB's flagship and is just an...

If you have the money, I would get the SL. The SL is basicaly MB's flagship and is just an absolute dream to drive! You get looks everywhere and anyone can instanly recognize it. The CLK is also a great car, but when it comes down to it, it can't compare with the SL. If you need space however, you might want to consider the CLK. Either way, you're gonna end up with a great car! Good Luck!

·
Registered
S430,190E 2.6,SL500
194 Posts
The SL is a better choice than the CLK in general. It is no doubt the ultimate Mercedes-Be...

The SL is a better choice than the CLK in general. It is no doubt the ultimate Mercedes-Benz. If you need to seat lots of people or need a real trunk go for the CLK.

Viel Gluck!

My grandma used to have a late 70's 200D. It had more than 250,000 miles on it when she sold it a couple of years ago. A VERY reliable car!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I would really go for the sl, even if you have to buy a early one to fit your budget. Th...

I would really go for the sl, even if you have to buy a early one to fit your budget. They will always give you more than an clk an has an other user said, their the flagship convertible. Also they will keep their value and will satisfy you on the long run much more than any clk. Look at the e320 convertible (1995 for instance) Very nice car at the time, lot's a people liked it. But as soon as the car isn't in production anymore, it lose all it's appeal. It's no sharp anymore. An 500sl still look attractive used. Keep us informed of your purchase.

·
Registered
'05 SL65 AMG
505 Posts
You posted this question in the R129 forum [:)] What did you expect people to say. We love our SL's

·
Registered
SL500, ML320, E320
538 Posts
Danny:
I'm on my 3rd SL and have recently contemplated the same question - - the little CLK coupes are pretty cool. But driving down the highway, look at how many other brands look similar . . and then look at the SL - - there's simply no comparison. Within the brand, the SL is the pinnacle of the marque.
CQRT in AZ

·
Registered
2000 SL500
106 Posts
It may just be me but I never notice a CLK but I always notice the SL. The only time I pay attention to another mercedes is when in has 55 or AMG in the name. [:)]

·
Registered
'05 330i ZHP
1,036 Posts
I would agree with you guys. The W/C140's were also the flagships, but thats just details. For a more realistic scope, try the same post on a CLK forum, and see if anyone says SL. I've never driven either, but the SL has more presence and respect.

·
Registered
'05 330i ZHP
1,036 Posts
I would agree with you guys. The W/C140's were also the flagships, but thats just details. For a more realistic scope, try the same post on a CLK forum, and see if anyone says SL. I've never driven either, but the SL has more presence and respect.

·
Registered
ML 320 2000
332 Posts
What about the SL 600?? allmost 400HP !!
The CAR is realy a trouble maker?? or its just a myth from jelous people!?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts