Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2015 S550 222
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For some reason, When I go to this site it instanly loads the page header but nothing else unless you wait for about 30 sec. then the rest loads..???

·
Premium Member
2001 E320 - Brilliant Silver/Ash: 107,000+
17,193 Posts
Same thing happens to me, but not always. Like you Marcus, I use IE 7.0 and XP. I have never installed Mozilla Firefox but I know a lot of people who much prefer it over the Windows browsers.

·
Premium Member
2013 C250
7,273 Posts
I'm using Mozilla Firefox at work, it's not much better.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
I'm also using Mozilla Firefox, version 2.0.0.14 and I have the same observation as the previous posts. It's a lot slower loading nowadays, I wonder. :confused:

·
Registered
272 Posts
Glad you mentioned it. I've noticed a definite slow down. Thought it was my comp at first, but all other sites are fine. Tech problem I guess. Seems to be only the last 2-3 days

·
Registered
2004 W220 (S430) ; 2001 R129 (SL500) Sport
1,335 Posts
I just did a hard reset on both my DSL modem and my router, then turned off and restarted my computers. Right this minute, everything is running at regular speed. I'm running Vista through Firefox on one and XP on Firefox on the other--it doesn't seem to matter which when things get clotted up, and going to IE doesn't seem to help. I think part of it is all the links and the rerouting that gets done to get us here. I thought it was my system so I'm relieved (sort of) to know it's not just me. My Vista computer has 2 gig ram, so it's naturally quicker than the XP machine, but it gets hung up sometimes too. I clear all my cookies on shutdown, so that may be part of my slow login sometimes.

·
Premium Member
2013 C250
7,273 Posts
It seems faster this afternoon, not bad now.

·
Administratoris Emeritus
2021 SL770
46,428 Posts
Go into User Control Panel and turn off what advertising you can, then try Firefox with the Adblock Plus add-on. If that isn't enough, try switching from display style 2 back to display style 1 (at the bottom of the page toward the left).

·
Registered
2015 S550 222
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It appears the Webserver is operating fine and the connection speed is fine. The Database server is very slow.. Must be a busy site..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts