Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I just purchased a 2007 E350 CPO from dealer with preinstalled Sirius. After activating radio, have been having dropped signals in local areas. This does not happen with my R350. Dealear said it was because antenna in window. Anyone have similar problems or solutions? Thanks

·
Registered
63 Posts
Same car -- same problem. The Sirius signal just fades or goes away with the slightest interference. A tree limb, an underpass ... parked next to bldg. I've been asking around for 2 years. The consenous seems to be that the whole system isn't as strong as the other sat radio, XM. I have aftermarket XM in my truck and it gets reception in my garage and in the drive-thru car wash. Now since Sirius and XM are one company I would expect them to use their strongest system - hasn't happened yet.
(My antenna is that little shark fin on the roof). Oh wait you've got Pan Roof .......
Hmmmmm ...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Shark tail

According to MB, the shark tail is the GPS only. They say that the Sirius antenna is in the glass roof. Still, I would think that if this was a problem, more people would have complained of signal dropout. If this is unique to my car then, I need some solution.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
2 Participants
jdomesek
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing