Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased an '05 CLK, which is pre-wired for Sirius Radio. Apparently to get it hooked up, costs roughly $1K ($650 for the kit which includes the receiver and antennae, $320 labor). Can I just go to Best Buy or somewhere else to get this done for cheaper? What is the point of pre-wire?

·
Registered
362 Posts
Point is, that if you want to get integrated (!) SAT radio, and you don't have pre-wiring, it would cost a lot more to add this option.

You could consider getting a cheaper version of SAT radio, but do keep in mind that this will probably be aftermarket, and that it won't integrate.

greetingz,

BigSis

·
Registered
My Benz: 04 S430
1,219 Posts
BigSis - 4/21/2005 2:53 PM

Point is, that if you want to get integrated (!) SAT radio, and you don't have pre-wiring, it would cost a lot more to add this option.

You could consider getting a cheaper version of SAT radio, but do keep in mind that this will probably be aftermarket, and that it won't integrate.

greetingz,

BigSis
Big Sis..

Do you guys have access to the Sirius tuners for W203 cars? THe dealers in the States seem to have some block on ordering the tuners seperate from the kit, and I just need the tuner itself which is only $425, and mabey the bracket.

Thanks..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts