Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched this forum and haven't found an answer. I have a 2010 E-class Coupe and since day one I keep getting a "No Service" Sirius message. I've taken it to the dealer twice now to have it fixed. First time 2 days, 2nd time 2days. The first time I had it in the SM said he thought it was a firmware update. I had to pick the car up early and he said that he didn't have enough time to do the update. Second time...I called Sirius to see if there was a firmware update while the car was at the dealer and they said that no in car radios get fireware updates. Only portable radios. Dealer said that they found a pin connector that was bent problem solved. I picked the car up and it did play the first day I had it back. However I'm getting the No Service message again. If I pound on the antenna lightly (yeh!) it will start playing. Please, if you have had the same problem and the dealer has fixed it please post your solutions. The Command system seems to be fine. Radio works, Nav works, Bluetooth and Ipod connection all work which leads me to believe it's either the antenna or the receiver. Help...I'm running out of possible solutions!!!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I would assume from the responses that not one other MB Sirius subscriber has had any kind of a problem. That means that I have the one in thousands of satisfied Sirius problems.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Ask the service manager if they can switch out the antenna, since you're claiming that tapping it made it work intermittently. It can be a loose connection at the antenna, pinched or damaged cable, or defective antenna.

·
Registered
'07 E350 Sport Flint Grey P1
117 Posts
On my '07 E350 the sat radio one day started to "acquiring signal" but never did! The dealer thought it was the antenna on the roof but after checking it they wound up replacing the Sirius radio unit itself... all fine now, and less interruptions (cut-outs) when driving around....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts