Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2005 CLK320
570 Posts
I did this years ago (2005 CLK320 W209) but I used the original Mercedes Satellite module (SDAR) and installed it in the trunk, the HU NTG4 controls it. My car was pre wired. All I had to do is plug it in and add one connection to the MOST. I used SDS to program the HU, I got the controller from ebay $30 or so part no A169 827 01 62.
Paul

·
Registered
2005 CLK 320
4 Posts
mine does not have the aux input installed in the glove box. harmon kardon fiber connection to head unit. when i took it to an auto electronics place they told me i needed to replace head unit and amp and wiring between the 2. my head unit plastic screen is hazy/melted. i found (here) and bought https://www.ebay.com/itm/272112560775 - which looks like the right part - for someones car. hopefully mine.

·
Registered
2005 CLK320
570 Posts
mine does not have the aux input installed in the glove box. harmon kardon fiber connection to head unit. when i took it to an auto electronics place they told me i needed to replace head unit and amp and wiring between the 2. my head unit plastic screen is hazy/melted. i found (here) and bought https://www.ebay.com/itm/272112560775 - which looks like the right part - for someones car. hopefully mine.
I believe this can work, if you pm me your Vin I can look up the shematics. Sins you don't have the aux in port, does your HU offer the aux in menu? On mine it's one of the soft keys in the radio menu.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2005 CLK 320
4 Posts
VIN WDBTK65G45T043843 - thanks for looking.
i have the cd changer in the glove box - can i connect somethere there?
i have a CD button that should have the AUX option.
currently i get a cd changer error - so need to pull that out anyway - even if just for more glove space.
does the mic in the ceiling light module connect to the head unit?
i do have the phone buttons but the harness for old cell phone is also missing from the upper center console.
so many potential ways to integrate phone - but i'm have to use a headset in the car.

·
Registered
2005 CLK320
570 Posts
The CD changer is on the MOST fiber so that would be complicated to tap into, I looked at the diagrams and there where several changes right around 2004 and 2005. I have 2005 CLK320 and I have the aux in jack MB calls it wiring harness Walkman. In EPC with your vin its not available, if I look it up with my vin there are 3 different options.
Comes down to your radio can you get a couple of pictures front back and sticker with part and version no?

Paul

·
Registered
33 Posts
When I heard that it would be $800 to install SIRIUS (and I had two PNP units already) I took it as a personal challenge to get it done myself. With some help removing interior panels, I was able to install the SV1 (radar-detector sized) unit in my ashtray with an in-line antenna adapter for a clean sound. It works perfectly, and power comes from the cigarette lighter. You have to be careful to tap the right wire at the c-lighter (auto headlamps will turn it off in the daytime). Can't remember color, but if you attempt, when using an electronic tester - test twice = once with lights on and once with them off. If there is no change, you've got the right wire.

Hope pics come through OK:
Is there a plug in there for a aux cord hook up on the satellite radio that is hooked up in there and I have three cords coming out of the dashboard it is a 2007 Mercedes gl450 thanks

·
Registered
2005 CLK320
570 Posts
Is there a plug in there for a aux cord hook up on the satellite radio that is hooked up in there and I have three cords coming out of the dashboard it is a 2007 Mercedes gl450 thanks
There should be if you pm me your Vin I look it up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

·
W221 & Audio Moderator
342 Posts
Can you describe the "three plugs coming out of the dashboard?" Your radio has the light blue/dark blue screen, right?

·
W221 & Audio Moderator
342 Posts
What are the "three plugs coming out of the dashboard"? While the NTG 2.5, introduced in 2009 had an MMI connection that could have an array of connections in the glove compartment, including an iPod connection, USB connection, 3.5mm connection among others, this was not introduced until 2009 and the NTG 2.5 has an amber color to the LCD display.

Your vehicle may have the iPod integration kit, which would consist of the (generally white in color) 30-pin dock connector for an iPod, but I am not familiar with the other two you mention. A photo of them would be helpful.

·
Registered
33 Posts
What are the "three plugs coming out of the dashboard"? While the NTG 2.5, introduced in 2009 had an MMI connection that could have an array of connections in the glove compartment, including an iPod connection, USB connection, 3.5mm connection among others, this was not introduced until 2009 and the NTG 2.5 has an amber color to the LCD display.

Your vehicle may have the iPod integration kit, which would consist of the (generally white in color) 30-pin dock connector for an iPod, but I am not familiar with the other two you mention. A photo of them would be helpful.
It has a six digit cd changer in the glove box and no other hookup in the glove box

Attachments

·
W221 & Audio Moderator
342 Posts
That appears to be the connections to an aftermarket SiriusXM tuner that repeats the SAT radio broadcasts over FM frequencies. Those have been added by the previous owner and there would be no integration into the factory COMAND, steering wheel controls, or Instrument Cluster MFD. Do you have the AUDIO SAT NAV MAP TEL buttons on the left, and if you press SAT do you get a message along the lines of "No Satellite Radio"?

21 - 40 of 40 Posts