Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't have the manual for the Command Center for my 2004 SL600. I'd like to activate the Sirius radio. Sirius needs the EIN number for the radio and told me to press the SAT button and then the button below for the EIN but that didn't work. Can someone look up how to reveal the EIN number for the 2004? I know in 2005 it changed to soft buttons - I assume that is a touch screen?
thanks,

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
More Info on my Sirius SAT button...

I found the Command Manual on Paul's MB website referenced frequently on this forum. Thank you Paul.
Problem: With the power on to my radio, I press the SAT button and absolutely nothing happens. If FM is on, the screen doesn't change.
The Command Manual really only refers to first time activation, not a reactivation - is there another way to get the Sirius car ID number?
Thanks!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
factory listed as....

the original build sheet says:
"Sirius satellite preinstallation -USA"

Does this mean all required equipment is factory installed or that it needs some aftermarket piece to make it function?

Thanks

·
Registered
451 Posts
Crahm - in my SLK without Sirius, if I press the SAT button I get a message "Sat not installed" or something along those lines.

I though that the default for a "non-active" Sirius was to tune to a weather channel or some other "demo" type of channel...

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Adding Sirius Figured Out

If you didn't purchase a 2004 with the Sirius radio option, the SLs came with a tuner which can display the proper menu/data when utilizing Sirius.
To add the Sirius radio system, you purchase several parts from MB which total a little over $1,000. Ouch! I assumed that the tuner displaying "SAT" meant the radio and antenna where already there but not necessarily.
The kit from MB includes the tuner, cable, and antenna (choosing proper color to match your car). The unit is installed in the trunk somewhere and the instructions to install the unit include dismantling a bunch of panels.
I think I'll let this option go for now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
4 Participants
crahm
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing