Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put wayyyyy too much oil in my 1999 Mercedes Benz e320 engine, bought a Pennzoil siphon from Walmart and don’t know how to use the thing, can someone please help?!

·
Registered
E320/E250 Bluetec Ford F350 6.7l
36,319 Posts

I bought one of those for gasoline siphoning and on 2nd use the piston stucks in the cylinder.
You need a pump design for oil extraction, not universal gizmo.
"working on everything means good at nothing"
You can buy mityvac for manual pumping, or ebay has electric pumps.

·
Registered
w163 02 ML500 W210 97 E50Amg w202 99 C230K w124 - need more space, time to build again
2,192 Posts
I put wayyyyy too much oil in my 1999 Mercedes Benz e320 engine, bought a Pennzoil siphon from Walmart and don’t know how to use the thing, can someone please help?!
1) use a mityvac, or similar and draw from either the dipstick tube, OR

2) from the fuel filter location. Unscrew, avoid dripping, draw the oil out carefully without contaminating the filter and assembly.

·
Registered
1989 W124 260E
1,360 Posts
Some new Mecedes wont have a drain plig like the older cars . .And services done to the engine oil is removed through the dipstick tube . I do it both ways, its down to how i feel at the time ,.I have a 12volt oil extractor pump with leads to fit on to the cars battery . Not exspensive to buy and it works fine . I never throw away my old oil , but i do use it on my wooden fence posts . Or paint it or spray it on to my car chassis . I am a big believer in oil ha ha. I worked in a pick and pull yard for some time .And the car may be rotten though with rust .Only parts under the car that are like new is the engine area and the gearbox area . After cleaning the dirt off in these areas the metal was like new.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts