Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One tire on my E430 is busted (G'Year Eagle F1 GS-D2; 235/45-17) - nail right where the sidewall meets the contact patch. It's definitely not repairable, according to local G'Year pals. I plan to get a replacement today. The others have 17K on them. Of course, it's better to get two, but can I get away with just replacing the bad tire, continue my normal rotation pattern and duration and hope all will be fine?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Definitely go with a pair! I have a similar situation on my car with 235/40ZR17 all around. One side punctured with nail on the sidewall/contact area while the other side has 6000 miles on it. According to the dealer/installer, you may experience pulling to one side under certain situations. In your case, the other side has 17k and the problem could be more pronounced. Also, try to keep all 4 tires the same brand and model.<br>
<br>
If you have the same spare wheel/tire combination in the trunk, you may place the one with 17k as spare and take out the spare plus one new one replacing the punctured side in the rear (drive wheel).

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Yes, my spare is same as regular tire and I'll use your advice and use the spare with the new tire on the rear wheels. Thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts