Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
'95 E200 MasterPiece
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, RafMar and fellow Singaporeans,

Have anyone tried the Philips BlueVision bulbs for their headlamps and front sidelamps?

I have just ordered a set of 4. However my worry is whether the supposedly 'white' light will turn out fine through our W124 headlamps.

I noticed that the newer cars on the road with these 'white' lights look good because they have clear glass for their headlamps. However the W124 lampcovers are not really clear.

Will the white light be diffused?

·
Registered
W124, W210, W212
16 Posts
I have installed the diamond vision. Not as white as those HID that you have seen on W211.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
I have philips blue vision. Its not totally white the color temp is about 4k. It works fine in the W124 headlights, the lines don't mess anything up as long as you are running standard bulbs. If you're in singapore my guess is you have eurolights already.

If you were trying to retrofit an HID ballast kit then the lines could cause some glare issues.

·
Registered
230E 1992
16 Posts
check out my gallery and you'll see a different headlight...clear
amt - 2/10/2005 7:46 PM

I have installed the diamond vision. Not as white as those HID that you have seen on W211.

·
Registered
'95 E200 MasterPiece
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yal - 2/9/2005 11:47 AM

I have philips blue vision. Its not totally white the color temp is about 4k. It works fine in the W124 headlights, the lines don't mess anything up as long as you are running standard bulbs. If you're in singapore my guess is you have eurolights already.

If you were trying to retrofit an HID ballast kit then the lines could cause some glare issues.
Thanks Guys!

Hi Yal,

Do you happen to have a picture of how the Philips BlueVision looks like in your headlights?

I am not sure if mine are Eurolights. Attached a picture of it below. Can you tell?
By the way, the set I ordered were a pair of H4. is that correct?

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
H4 is correct and those are euros.
I am not home right now so I can't take a picture. Besides my bluevision bulbs are the older ones from 2 years ago. Aparently the new ones are new and improved and have a different color.
[:)]

·
Registered
W124, W210, W212
16 Posts
You might want to change the H1 bulb as well. You will enjoy your ride when you are on the north south highway

1 - 8 of 8 Posts