Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
SLK350 (apr 15)
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed today, after lunch, that the trip computer seemed to be considering all my travel for the day, not just travel since lunch.

The manual says:

All statistics stored since last engine start will be reset approximately four hours after the SmartKey is turned to position 0 or removed from the starter switch.

Resetting will not occur if you turn the SmartKey back to position 1 or 2 during this time period.

I take this to mean that as long as my lunch and other stops are less than four hours, the stats in the "Since Last Start" will tend to mean "all day". If true, that's pretty cool.

Do you all agree with this interpretation?

·
Registered
SLK350 w/AMG SP; 2008 C300
75 Posts
Sounds right to me [:)]

Aloha,

Harry

·
Registered
350 SLK
1,528 Posts
Mine does not appear to change unless I manually reset it but I am getting ready to go out so I will check it again.

·
Registered
SLK350
834 Posts
I notice that it only resets in the morning for my (i.e. more than 8 hours or so of being turned off). Maybe it'll reset by itself when the engine is completely cold.

·
Registered
350 SLK
1,528 Posts
malibuite - 4/29/2005 11:52 AM

Mine does not appear to change unless I manually reset it but I am getting ready to go out so I will check it again.
Ok, checked it again and there are two calcs, one "from Restart" and one from "Reset". I was looking at the reset one. My car had been parked less than 4 hours and the numbers did not change on restart what you stated previously is correct.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts