Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Since I decided to keep my 500SEC................

1K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  cnd 
#1 ·
I received the latest mod to my "BigBen"

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Thanks, Sorry Taillights were the latest Mod.

#6 ·
MRTIKKET - 1/27/2005 11:33 AM

Looks great! Can't wait to do mine.
You are a fickle one, sir!

You usually rant if any of us post pictures of modifications we do to our w126's. You tell me that you "absolutely dislike diamond blue", but this diamond blue one with it's modified lights "Looks great". I'm confused.

Good comment though - it does look great - I would love to have an exhaust like that too. Keep us updated!

#8 ·
Diamond blue is a terrible color, but the new lights make it look better. If I was going through the expense of respraying a car, I certainly wouldn't respray it diamond blue.

In the 80's American MB sales staff called it "we can't sell this color blue" At the end of the year, they were all still in inventory.

#9 ·
MRTIKKET - 1/28/2005 6:07 PM

Diamond blue is a terrible color, but the new lights make it look better. If I was going through the expense of respraying a car, I certainly wouldn't respray it diamond blue.

In the 80's American MB sales staff called it "we can't sell this color blue" At the end of the year, they were all still in inventory.
who cares?

you don´t have to paint your car this color but i think signal red isn´t more desirable...

#10 ·
Actually, from MB production figures, any shade of black, anthracite, lapis blue, and white were the leading colors on SEC's for U.S. delivey. Not sure of the sedans. Signal Red was not to well received.

Red probably wouldn't have been my 1st choice, but we sometimes just fall into a car and besides it was in my tight budget parameters. LOL!

#11 ·
I personally see diamond blue as an elegant color. I don't have anything bad to say about it. Nice pictures btw... too bad the Raiders suck this year[xx(][V]

#12 ·
Snibble - 1/29/2005 9:54 AM

I personally see diamond blue as an elegant color. I don't have anything bad to say about it. Nice pictures btw... too bad the Raiders suck this year[xx(][V]
Yes they did suck this year, but as a true fan I will never give up on them. My thought is that when I get him repainted; I will go a little darker, but not charcoal kinda in between the diamon blue and a charcoal.

#14 ·
DEF-C - 1/29/2005 12:06 PM

gonna keep the 2tone look?

i first wanted to get my car all one color but now its getting 2tone painted...
I have not fully decided if I am going to keep the two tone. As of right now yes I will keep the two tone.

#15 ·
MRTIKKET - 1/29/2005 11:35 AM

Actually, from MB production figures, any shade of black, anthracite, lapis blue, and white were the leading colors on SEC's for U.S. delivey. Not sure of the sedans. Signal Red was not to well received.

Red probably wouldn't have been my 1st choice, but we sometimes just fall into a car and besides it was in my tight budget parameters. LOL!
you say you had/have tight budget parameters, how come you´re saying you got all the extra wood, steering wheel, AMG rims, and you wanna redo the interior???

somethings wrong i´d say[:eek:)]

#18 ·
dpalmer - 1/31/2005 2:45 AM

I have not fully decided if I am going to keep the two tone. As of right now yes I will keep the two tone.
With my SEC, I was toying with the idea of having the lower body panels painted the same colour as the rest of the car. But I actually like the two-tone look. Grey paneling looks really good on the light coloured vehicles. So, I might keep it that way for now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.