Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
w202 c-180
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i drive a c-180 w202, i know it will never be fast, however wat are some simple (relatively cheap) mods to make the car go a bit quicker off the line cause thats where i feel the car is sluggish.
would and exhaust and k&n panel filter help?? a friend thinks fitting a high flow cat and 2.25 inch exhaust with a panel filter would make a big difference.
any help would be great

·
Registered
95 c220
8 Posts
i have a 95 c220 and i just installed a K&N intake and made my self a heatshield. i added around 10 HP and the sound is amazing at all rpm's

http://community.webshots.com/scripts/editPhotos.fcgi?action=showMyPhoto&albumID=319652077&photoID=343653576&security=JvGUiF

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Filters (oil, air & fuel), plugs & exhaust are usually the first place to start. I wouldn't spend more on the car than that because you could just trade it in for a larger engined W202 for that kind of money. If you are really[/b] adamant on keeping the car, i would advise youto look into a light pressure turbo or a supercharger in the futureas well (but that gets expensive).

Also get your car dyno'd, it's a great way of smoothing out the little imperfections in the powerband.

Good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts