Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
10,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While I was unlocking my car this evening, at a Walmart parking lot out of all places, I triggered the alarm by mistake, to hear a voice from behind me saying:

"IF YOU BOUWGHT AMERICAN, DIS WOUL'VE NOT HAPPENED"

While I am not sure what that meant exactly, I turned around and said:

"Well, I would have loved to buy American, if America was still making cars worth driving; oddly enough, the last Pontiac I had, left this lady (pointing at Sarah) stranded 3 times at night because its security immobilizer got triggered for no apparent reason... (Honest to god true story)

Sir, please don’t sell me patriotism, because I have already proven my love to this country in a way you will never get to experience; I became American by choice and not by birth...

And trust me, your choice of vehicles does not reflect smart shopping, when you drive around in a bus sized 9MPG Silverado (assembled in Argentina BTW), although the nearest farm in more than 90 minutes away... meaning there is no practical use for your truck around here, other than placing your head 30 inches higher than everyone else on the road, so you can feel better at yourself, look down and condescend people...

So please, look up where Chevy is making its cars these days, and know the “FACTS”, and just because they play the national anthem in their commercial, it does not make me un-American to buy a car that often runs for half a million miles, and lasts for 25 years on average …."

Interestingly enough, the guy dragged his sorry ass back into his truck, without saying a single word further...

F*** hick...

·
Premium Member
1,343 Posts
You wasted a lot of words, just two would have been sufficient :)
LOL, agreed

Mercedes-Benz employs a ton of Americans, probably a lot of rednecks. They have a plant in Alabama where Americans put together MLs, GLs, and C classes.

I lived in Tennessee for a while (I'm borderline redneck myself), so I definitely understand how ignorant people can be. It's not unheard of for people in the area to get married at Walmart

·
10,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am no stranger to rednecks either; I lived in Cambridge, OH for the vast majority of a decade... I think this happening here in MASS is what surpised me the most...

·
Registered
305 Posts
i have a silverado, and it actually gets 13 mpg.... about 3mpg than what my r129 gets.... :)

but anyways.. its walmart... have u ever seen the site called people of walmart? i think there is one for cars at walmart too... pretty entertaining stuff

·
10,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Obviously, no offence to anyone that owns a silverado BTW, for one, i am pretty sure you dont walk around dissing people out of their properties like that dude... For two, the fact that you own an SL, an E, a Mustang and a Silverado clearly indicates that you own a Silverado for a good reason, and you use it for a purpose... Other than showing fake patriotism, or substitute for the lack of manhood...

I mean there are tasks in life that nothing can complete them but a silverado, for that, everyone with these needs should buy a silverado, but honestly, when it comes to that guy, none of these tasks exist in the middle of the Cement forrest called Boston...

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
As I understand it, you don't nessessarily have to be a redneck or own a Silverado to be an asshole, or am I missing something? :D

Jack

·
10,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As I understand it, you don't nessessarily have to be a redneck or own a Silverado to be an asshole, or am I missing something? :D

Jack
Absolutely... The guy just happened to drive a silverado, if he drove something else, i am sure i would have found something else terribly wrong with his choice... ;)

·
10,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
what if that car was a saturn scx then? ;)
I had the Saturn in Ohio (I still do) when i was a college student...

You ll be amazed how many people gave me hard time over the Saturn back then being an "eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeimport"

I guess anything with an orange rear blinker is automatically an import for a redneck?

·
10,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
haha Funny story Bay, I love those people. I just laugh, shake my head and walk off. I could never have come up with all of that so quickly.

·
10,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
haha Funny story Bay, I love those people. I just laugh, shake my head and walk off. I could never have come up with all of that so quickly.
Right?

I am not going to lie, I really impressed myself, I was kinda wondering to myself right after it happened "where did I come up with all that? have I been preparing for this moment for a while?"

·
Registered
282 Posts
Do you think maybe...just maybe, it could/might have been a poor attempt at humor on his part? I just like to give the benefit of a doubt to the offending "redneck".

·
10,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I hope not, but he would've been smiled if that was the case...

The guy wasn't remotely smiling...

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
Do you think maybe...just maybe, it could/might have been a poor attempt at humor on his part? I just like to give the benefit of a doubt to the offending "redneck".
I'm with Snowfan on this one.

Why, just the other night, I was about 50 feet behind Mozart on a poorly lit path on our way back from our evening walk, when I saw this man coming in the opposite direction waving a long stick at him.

I immediately came to the rescue of my (albeit 115 lb.) puppy, screaming at the guy that if he so much as touched my dog with his stick, I was going to use it tear out his tonsils the hard way.

That's when I noticed that the "stick" the man was waving around was smooth, white and foldable...

I've said many a stupid and probably unwarranted thing in my life, but I think this one takes the cake.

Jacques

·
10,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm with Snowfan on this one.

Why, just the other night, I was about 50 feet behind Mozart on a poorly lit path on our way back from our evening walk, when I saw this man coming in the opposite direction waving a long stick at him.

I immediately came to the rescue of my (albeit 115 lb.) puppy, screaming at the guy that if he so much as touched my dog with his stick, I was going to use it tear out his tonsils the hard way.

That's when I noticed that the "stick" the man was waving around was smooth, white and foldable...

I've said many a stupid and probably unwarranted thing in my life, but I think this one takes the cake.

Jacques
Like I said, I hope I didn't misunderstand a stupid joke, athough, and based on his initial facial expressions, no joking was involved... if any lack of seriousness was present, it was more the kind of mean degrading sarcasm if anything...

Plus the guy would have said "calm down... I am just kidding..."

Although, I admit, I ve embarrassed myself like that before, not giving people the benefit of the doubt...

·
10,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Important Note: Pissed Silverado can crush SL.
Very good point, I should probably keep that in mind next time...

:D:surrender:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts