Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I'm replacing the pads and rotors on my 2002 Silver Arrow. Does anyone know where to find a complete set of cross drilled rotors?

As far as I can find, the fronts are NLA from Mercedes, but it looks possible to source the rear. I ordered a front and rear set of Zimmerman cross drilled rotors instead, but my order was partially cancelled as the rears are NLA. Ugh! So as of now it looks possible to use Zimmerman fronts, and OEM rears, but no matching sets. Anyone know where to find a complete set?

·
Registered
598 Posts
I couldn't find a full Mercedes set even a few years ago when I converted my SA back to drilled rotors (which is factory correct). Combination of OE rears and Zimmerman fronts from FCP Euro.

As far as 'lot' of brake fade with drilled rotors, I cannot speak for anyone else, but mine have been fine in the real world for 30k+ miles. I don't get much occasion to take the car to the track or race around my town for extended periods of time - as other vehicles and people usually get in the way - so have not noticed this apparent epidemic in the states.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Got mine at Rock Auto. one problem: non-contact surface was supposed to be covered in clear coat, and were not. Otherwise, brakes are fantastic. (2002 Silver Arrow with Brembo brakes)

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
That's interesting about the brake fade. I remember reading some years ago a track series Ferrari had for the owners of F430s, and to make it "track ready" they had owners swap their factory drilled rotors for non-drilled.

I wonder why drilled rotors would be more likely for brake fade. My late fathers 2011 E350 Sport came with drilled rotors.

They look nicer ;-)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts