Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my '81 240D there is only a driver side rear view mirror. I would like to install one on the passenger side (if I can find one at the junk yard).

If anyone has done this, any gotchas I should look out for?

·
Registered
1983 240D auto..soon to run a generator in the country.1984 300D turbo 4 spd
149 Posts
When I got my '83 240D the passenger side mirror was missing. Some on ebay and an easy assembly with three screws and some gasket material. Now the other side of it. I have the plug for the electric 1. If you've the toggle mirror control in your console, you will too. If not you'll be looking for something that fits that's also manual adjust. I'd swear there are dozens of mirrors from other manufacturers you might use. Make a template of the mounting space on the door, measure distances between the 3 screws and check the junk yard for contenders.

·
Registered
1983 240D auto..soon to run a generator in the country.1984 300D turbo 4 spd
149 Posts
http://www.partstrain.com/products/prodpage.html?cat=ALL&year=1983&make=MERCEDES%20BENZ&model=240D
This link (if it shows up)shows a passenger side for $38.

·
Registered
1980 300D
309 Posts
To install a manual mirror, pop off the interior blanking plate revealing the three screws that hold on the exterior blank plate. Remove screws. Thread the mirror control sans handle through the hole between the three screw holes, replace screws and tighten. Slip new interior plate over mirror adjusting rod and snap into place. Slide mirror control handle onto mirror rod. Done. Takes about 5 minutes.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all of the advice. If I cannot locate on in the junk yard, I will order one.

Thanks again!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts