Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '99 S420 which I recently noticed has a obvious side to side wobble(I think it's from the rear tires) while driving at low speeds which then becomes a fine tremor at high speed as I hold on to the steering wheel. Any suggestions or recommendations. R. Batista

·
Registered
2002 CL 500
222 Posts
RE: side to side shake and wobble of the car at low speed and fine tremor at high speed

check the tires, their probably worn, out of round, out of balance, these things would certainly cause the syptoms your car is having. good luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
RE: side to side shake and wobble of the car at low speed and fine tremor at high speed

Thank you for your response. I'll let you know what the problem was once I bring it into the shop on Monday. R.Batista

·
Registered
3 Posts

It sounds like your tyres may be out of balance..they may have dropped their weights..... try getting them re-balanced.
Kas.

·
Registered
3 Posts

You were right. The rear tires were worn out and needed to be replaced.

·
Registered
3 Posts

Thank you for your response. You were right. The tires were worn out and needed to be replaced.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts