Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2004 ml500 2006 gsx-r750
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
contemplating on whether to install this?
i like the look but my buddies say it ruins the lines of the truck..went to the dealership they wanted 1700$ found it on ebay for 230$

·
Registered
2004 Mercedes ML350
99 Posts
Most of the stuffs on eBay are not OEM so check with seller to find out more. I installed after market(but look almost the same as OEM / no drilling or modification needed/ just screw on like OEM) on my truck and I love it. It look more aggressive or sporty. Check out other rides in this w163 galleries with nerf bar or step bar.

Attachments

·
Registered
2000 ml430, 99 infiniti i30 limited edition
980 Posts
Most of the stuffs on eBay are not OEM so check with seller to find out more. I installed after market(but look almost the same as OEM / no drilling or modification needed/ just screw on like OEM) on my truck and I love it. It look more aggressive or sporty. Check out other rides in this w163 galleries with nerf bar or step bar.
Nice RIMS!

·
Registered
'99 ML430, 06 SRX AWD
328 Posts
Mainly for looks.

Great add on for the price, especially when resale of vehicle all add up.

They are great for kids, 3rd row seat entry, and getting skiis washing etc off the roof.

I am 6' so they rub pants on exit but 5' wife likes them.

Watch for rust if they are used. They rust from the inside out.

·
Registered
1998 ML 320
207 Posts
Just Wanted to add...

I dont have the factory slide bars but have aftermarket side steps

They litteraly drop my floor clearance by half -so my bars a little bit scratched (nothing a black can of spray paint cant fix)

4'11" wife loves them but hates it when I deatail the bars leaving her w/ black smudges on her legs...

My 5yr old & I like them also...

aa

·
Registered
2014 RX 350 F Sport, 2007 Scion tC, 2000 ML 430 Money Pit Finally Gone! Oh Happy Day!
1,284 Posts
Replaced my rusted out black OEM side bars with black powder coated stainless after market (Westin) bars. Cheaper than OEM and better, like many other componets on the ML. My 2 cents. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2004 ml500 2006 gsx-r750
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i really like the look of the running boards on the new amg similar to the bmw ones any idea if you can get those for the w163

·
Registered
99 ML430 - 13 328i
1,112 Posts
^^ i know what you mean. something like that of the new ml's or like an x5 is. where the board is silver and has the black circle grips.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts