Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the lens covering the LED turn signals is a seperate piece ? If so, is it easily changable?

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
That is what I am think too. New mirrors cost $1000. Would it be possible to retro-fit the 2000 turn signals lens into a 99 mirror outer shell? The lights should not be a big deal given that there are so many LED out there.

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
Yes and No... The LED piece is all one (see image below) but the the mirror housing is special to hold it. The biggest issue would be getting the turn signal wires to the mirror?<br> <br> Having broken a mirror :( I can tell you that the cost of the mirror assembly (208-810-04-64-9744) is about $300 and the mirror glass (208-810-14-21) another $115.<br> <br> Loren

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
The problem I have is that there is a crack in the LED lens, the mirror is fine. Do you know the part number for the item in your photo. How difficult is it to replace ?

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry, I bought the kit. I would assume the dealer can sell just the LED package. Try disassemblying the mirror first... I had a screw that had cracked the housing I ended up replacing the housing too.<br> <br> It isn't really hard just a little tricky. Seems like 3 hands would help. Just pop the mirror off remove the small screws in each corner and carefully twist and lift assembly off.<br> <br> Putting it back on is where you might need 3 hands to hold everything in place while you turn and twist the housing into place. Not too hard. Took me about 30 minutes since I was being very careful.<br> <br> Loren

·
Registered
CLK,SLK
1,181 Posts
What is the part number and cost for the mirror's blinking LED turn signal? Not the housing or glass, just the LED unit. Thanks

·
Registered
CLK,SLK
1,181 Posts
I found some LEDs put the part number begins with 171, this sounds like the SLK to me. What are the CLK LEDs #?

·
Registered
CLK,SLK
1,181 Posts
What's the part number for that piece (the mirror signal light)? Thanks for replying, Josh.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts