What side of the car are you missing? I have a parts mirror housing that might be good for your situation (needs the actual mirror).Thanks for the reply. At this point I don't care how the mirror looks, I just want to find an inexpensive way to replace it. As long as it fits I'm fine. My 17 year old drives the car and knocked the whole thing off against a telephone pole when someone swerved into her lane. Gotta love teen drivers, but at least the car is a tank and keeps her safe.
I had a problem with the folding portion of my ML's right mirror and that is how I ended up with a parts mirror. This is what I know of the mirror:I basically need the whole right side assembly. There's a guy in NH with a totaled 2000 ML320, he wants $250 for the whole thing. I know it won't match perfectly, I'm just trying to determine if it will fit. Thanks.
I had a problem with the folding portion of my ML's right mirror and that is how I ended up with a parts mirror. This is what I know of the mirror:
- it is off a '03 ML500 with heated, folding and memory options
- The folding motor is slow and times out before completely folding
- one interior frame bracket has a slight crack which only impacts the mirror at the end of the folding procedure (this is the parts swapped from my car)
- Don't know if the mirror adjustment motor works
- needs the mirror glass (I think you can find ebay ones for about $100 or so)
- Cover is painted dark blue and has some paint residue and a scratch or two
- the blinking led has a small crack
Regardless even if you have to manually adjust the mirror I think it has to be better than using an early style mirror which would not only not match but might not plug intothenwirjng harness.
So I have a deal for you. if you pay for shipping....it's yours.Then just buy a mirror glass and you are set. I'll post a picture so you can evaluate.