Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if I can use a 2000 side mirror on my 2002? I can find a used 2000 whole assembly for $250 which is a lot cheaper than anything I have found for a 2002. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
02 ML320 06 ML500
17,105 Posts
The appearance of the two are totally different. Also the 2000 mirror does not have the LED light.

What is wrong with yours?

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
side mirror replacement

Thanks for the reply. At this point I don't care how the mirror looks, I just want to find an inexpensive way to replace it. As long as it fits I'm fine. My 17 year old drives the car and knocked the whole thing off against a telephone pole when someone swerved into her lane. Gotta love teen drivers, but at least the car is a tank and keeps her safe.

·
Registered
1994 C280 1996 C36 2002 ML500
513 Posts
Thanks for the reply. At this point I don't care how the mirror looks, I just want to find an inexpensive way to replace it. As long as it fits I'm fine. My 17 year old drives the car and knocked the whole thing off against a telephone pole when someone swerved into her lane. Gotta love teen drivers, but at least the car is a tank and keeps her safe.
What side of the car are you missing? I have a parts mirror housing that might be good for your situation (needs the actual mirror).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I basically need the whole right side assembly. There's a guy in NH with a totaled 2000 ML320, he wants $250 for the whole thing. I know it won't match perfectly, I'm just trying to determine if it will fit. Thanks.

·
Registered
1994 C280 1996 C36 2002 ML500
513 Posts
I basically need the whole right side assembly. There's a guy in NH with a totaled 2000 ML320, he wants $250 for the whole thing. I know it won't match perfectly, I'm just trying to determine if it will fit. Thanks.
I had a problem with the folding portion of my ML's right mirror and that is how I ended up with a parts mirror. This is what I know of the mirror:

- it is off a '03 ML500 with heated, folding and memory options
- The folding motor is slow and times out before completely folding
- one interior frame bracket has a slight crack which only impacts the mirror at the end of the folding procedure (this is the parts swapped from my car)
- Don't know if the mirror adjustment motor works
- needs the mirror glass (I think you can find ebay ones for about $100 or so)
- Cover is painted dark blue and has some paint residue and a scratch or two
- the blinking led has a small crack

Regardless even if you have to manually adjust the mirror I think it has to be better than using an early style mirror which would not only not match but might not plug intothenwirjng harness.

So I have a deal for you. if you pay for shipping....it's yours.Then just buy a mirror glass and you are set. I'll post a picture so you can evaluate.

·
Premium Member
1999 ML430
1,750 Posts
So I have a deal for you. if you pay for shipping....it's yours

mbsickness........that an awfully nice gesture !

Got to LOVE this website....owners helping each other out with information and offers like this...........

·
Registered
'05 ML350
84 Posts
Sent you a PM

Sent you a PM.

I had a problem with the folding portion of my ML's right mirror and that is how I ended up with a parts mirror. This is what I know of the mirror:

- it is off a '03 ML500 with heated, folding and memory options
- The folding motor is slow and times out before completely folding
- one interior frame bracket has a slight crack which only impacts the mirror at the end of the folding procedure (this is the parts swapped from my car)
- Don't know if the mirror adjustment motor works
- needs the mirror glass (I think you can find ebay ones for about $100 or so)
- Cover is painted dark blue and has some paint residue and a scratch or two
- the blinking led has a small crack

Regardless even if you have to manually adjust the mirror I think it has to be better than using an early style mirror which would not only not match but might not plug intothenwirjng harness.

So I have a deal for you. if you pay for shipping....it's yours.Then just buy a mirror glass and you are set. I'll post a picture so you can evaluate.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
side mirror replacement

Thanks for the advice and offer. I think I will try the one near home since it is silver and I already told the guy I would buy it. Sounds like the ML500 had more bells and whistles so it might not work on my ML320 anyway. If it turns out that when I see it the 2000 doesn't work I will be bugging you again!

·
Registered
2000 ML430 SOLD, 2007 BMW 328i Coupe, 2014 BMW i3, 2019 Honda Odyssey
2,982 Posts
You do realize that the mirror you want to buy is like 1.5x the size of the one on your truck now? They won't even look similar.

Better to buy the correct shape an paint than have two silver ones that will make your truck look lopsided.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yup, you're right -- I called my dealership and the parts guy does not think the early models will fit. I hope the nice person with the blue mirror still has it available!

On the other hand I could trade in my teenage daughter and then I won't need the car. Hmmmm....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts