Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.

I discovered BOTH of my side mirror signal lenses have cracks in them and the car is only 4 months old. Anyone else has this problem? Anyone get this covered under warranty? Anyone successfully removed the mirror and changed this out themselves?

·
Registered
4 Posts
My wife hit a mailbox and did the same thing. Dealer didn't have one in stock so they pulled one off another c. No warranty of course, cost $150 bucks and they fixed it while she waited.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi all.

I discovered BOTH of my side mirror signal lenses have cracks in them and the car is only 4 months old. Anyone else has this problem? Anyone get this covered under warranty? Anyone successfully removed the mirror and changed this out themselves?
I got my right one replaced under warranty just yesterday. I complained of water penetration and upon closer inspection there was a crack in the weld (right at the edge of the LED lamp). Documentation suggests they checked for impact damage, which it didn't have, and that it was replaced for "customer satisfaction". I did have to come back again because the part was a special order (painted mirror; two days to arrive).

Documentation also suggests that there is an internal TSB for this and they may replace it just based on your production date. If not they may just replace anyway to keep you happy, like they did mine.

Regards,
Paolo

·
Premium Member
7,273 Posts
Not from impact by SUV doors (no impact damage), interesting. I'll have to look at my 2008.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts