Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
'00 E55 AMG Performance: Kleemann Long Tube Headers, H&R Front Sway Bar, Akebono Ceramic Pads, Catle
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on a '00 E55, I've heard that you have to take the bumper off to get to the side marker lamps that are located on either side on the side of the bumper. I'm looking for DIY project instructions, if anyone can help.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2001 E320 - Brilliant Silver/Ash: 107,000+
17,193 Posts
There is a "door" on the inside of the fender well. Instructions can be found in the regular W210 forum stickies.

·
Registered
1999 E55, 2001 E320, 1990 560 SEC, 2004 ML350, 2001 ML55, 1995 S500, 1998 SL500, 2010 E550 Sport zoo
7,035 Posts
On the side marker lamps, the actual housing will "pry up" from one edge/end, there are extended "wings/points" on the other edge/end - once the leading edge is free then the whole side marker assembly easily comes out/free (limited by the cable of course).

Sorry from memory - description sounds harder than it is - I could me memory weary of front/leading edge or rear/tail edge prys/up.

Keep the beat !

·
Registered
'00 E55 AMG Performance: Kleemann Long Tube Headers, H&R Front Sway Bar, Akebono Ceramic Pads, Catle
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, Musikmann, and fabbrisd1 - after I posted the question I looked it up in the manual and the answer was there, closer to what Musikmann said. There is a panel that has to nuts holding it in place, just inside the wheel well. I only had to remove the bottom nut off the bolt enough to pry the panel away from the inside of the fender. The housing needed to be pushed away from the fender, instead of being pried away. It pushed away easily, and I replaced the lamp and buttoned it back up!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts