Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1979 280CE
6,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could someone tell me how to remove the 2 clip that hold it in place. Do they just pry out? I know that the panel just sides out but I cant seem to remove the clips and I don't want to break anything. Thanks

·
Registered
1982 300CD
5,161 Posts
Are you talking about the map holder on the side door panel? It has hooks that hold it to the door. If you pull it straigt out, they will break off. You need to come up with it so the hooks disengage.

·
Registered
300SD
11,191 Posts
Gregs300CD said:
Take a very small standard (flat) screwdriver and carefully push in on the side. Two prongs (one on either side) keep it in its hole. Under it, there is a Phillips head screw. The bottom is also secured by large plastic screws that need a 90 degree turn, then they pull out.
And just for the record, I recently bought one of those "plastic screws" that was missing in my 300D. It cost me $ 6.50 for one and that was discounted price from the local MB dealer! So try not to break it or lose it.

·
Registered
1979 280CE
6,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No ralking about the driver side panel . The panel that the hood release is on. There are 2 black clips that hold it on and I want to know if those clips just pull off. Thanks

·
Registered
1982 300CD
5,161 Posts
If they're like all the other clips on the car (and I bet they are), then yes. One part slides onto the metal, while the other side of the "S" clip holds onto the specific piece of trim.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts