Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
SLK 200 R171
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check this out, side fins is available for the new slk series. It gives the slk the SL look and feel...

http://www.cobra-sor.com/

What are your thoughts ?

·
Registered
SLK 55 AMG
3,560 Posts
Thoughts?

What I wanna know is how they are attached to the car. Do you need to cut a hole to fit it in place, or is it just some 'sticker' job.

This mod (if we could get hold of better pics), can either look really nice (if the side fins have a real grill and need to be fitted to a 'cut-out'), or it can look really cheap if it's just a sticker thing, and the grill doesn't have real holes on it...

·
Registered
SLK 350
2,327 Posts
Appearance is a matter of personal taste. To me, adding phoney plastic vents to the side of a car is tacky. Just my personal opinion.

·
Registered
06 SLK 55 Firemist
1,580 Posts
Duo-Art - 2/18/2005 11:12 AM

Appearance is a matter of personal taste. To me, adding phoney plastic vents to the side of a car is tacky. Just my personal opinion.
They also have the look of obviously being stuck on top of the sheet metal. Vents should be under the seam of the metal not on top of it.

·
Registered
Mercedes SL350 2009
692 Posts
I know what you are saying but they look ok. I stuck them fairly low down on the car which i think is better

·
Registered
2004 SL600 Renntech ECU/TCU Upgrade...many other mods
238 Posts
Duo-Art - 2/18/2005 10:12 AM

Agreed, there's a kit car forum for that type of stuff. No offense.

·
Registered
SLK 350
69 Posts
Are you for real? That stuff is better left for teenagers and their done up trolleys.

No offence too! The rest of the car looks great!![:)]

·
Registered
SLK350
475 Posts
Well, Huu. Now I know why I get so excited when I drive my SLK350. I thought it was just some vibration. I won't get it fixed, now that I know what it is.[:p][:0][;)]

Roberta[:D][:)][:D]

1 - 13 of 13 Posts