Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 163 Posts

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I am reading a lot of posts about many w140 owners completely against appearance mods (grey bumpers being painted black, 22 inch wheels, spoilers and body kits, 600 grilles, etc), so I would love to see pictures of people customizing their benzes with their own taste.

I for one love little mods to make a car unique and would never tell someone else that their car sucks or blows or is ruined because of what they wanted to do with their OWN ride. As you all know I put 20 inch lowenharts on my car and put a very expensive navigation stereo system in my 600 which I think both were very tastefully done and set my car off to what it is today. I get at least 5 thumbs up a day, and for an 11 year old car I think thats way coolio.

Post your pics of your mods. I would love to see them. If anyone has any negative things to say about someones ride in this thread, just keep them to yourself. Lets make this a positive thread and enjoy other peoples ideas and styles :thumbsup: You might see something you like and do the same to your car!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
501 Posts
Is that actually an AMG? I'll post pics of mine later, stuck some tips on it a bit ago and paint/tint job so far, going to upgrade exhaust/intake later on.

·
Registered
7,218 Posts
Mines had the colour matched, new stereo, new rear lights, new headlights, new sidemarkers, parking sensors and bluetooth as you can see just by the indicator controls and S600 grille, wheels are stock.

·
Registered
7,218 Posts
I wanted to do it but after reading some of the threads regarding the swap I am reluctant to do it since the wires arent long enough on the climate control. I wish it was an easy fix :crybaby2:
Should be pretty easy to solder in another bit of wire to make it longer if the installer knows what their doing.

·
Registered
85 Posts
AMG?

yessir she is the AMG without the body kit
Ok, I know I'm about to get flamed, but what makes it an AMG besides the badge? I notice you're in CA and not Europe, so I'm curious how AMG modified your vehicle.

I'm just hyper-sensitive to seeing AMG badges on trunk lids here in Dallas on non-AMG vehicles. Makes me nuts.

The car is nice though!

·
Registered
27 Posts
The climate control wiring is tapped up in back , just unwind it and it will be long enough to reach the lower cavity, I have done it myself,

you might want to rework your sub , the trunk has a great seal from the inside cabin
so yo probly lose about 60 % of the sound wave

·
Registered
105 Posts
vvee12 really nice car, NZ; DAMN, I want that color!!! :D

20" wheels (came with the car), 600 grill, aftermarket stereo, gray lower panels painted black. Look how much better it looks all black. (in my opinion)

Again,please respect vvee12's thread and keep your negative comments to yourself! :thumbsup:

Before

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok, I know I'm about to get flamed, but what makes it an AMG besides the badge? I notice you're in CA and not Europe, so I'm curious how AMG modified your vehicle.

I'm just hyper-sensitive to seeing AMG badges on trunk lids here in Dallas on non-AMG vehicles. Makes me nuts.

The car is nice though!
AMG suspension, exhaust, wheels were AMG before I switch them and the computer is AMG chip (increased performance and took out speed limiter). No posing here!

·
Registered
574 Posts
very gay...the wing makes it even gayer...weak ass navigations system is cheap and the subs are just immentionable. You have disgraced that car
Thank goodness this thread is being kept positive.

I think the principle of "he who smelled it dealt it" applies here. Oh, and by the way..."unmentionable".

Oh dear, how childish.

·
Registered
574 Posts
very gay...the wing makes it even gayer...weak ass navigations system is cheap and the subs are just immentionable. You have disgraced that car
Thank goodness this thread is being kept positive.

I think the principle of "he who smelled it dealt it" applies here :gay:. Oh, and by the way..."unmentionable".

Oh dear, how childish.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts

Man that's harsh. :asshat: Why don't you post a pic of your ride so we can see what you consider "stylish?"

1 - 20 of 163 Posts