Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

141 - 149 of 149 Posts

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
My 2-Door SL500's 2D audio has gone 3D with wireless setup. Once gone 3D, it will never go back to 2D. I was pleasantly surprised by the improvement. My estimate, the audio is improved by about 10 times. No kidding. Music is no longer heard coming from the two doors.
Notice how the sound stayed around when the camera turned in the video.
http://www.benzworld.org/forums/5333970-post1289.html

·
Premium Member
1,317 Posts
REWillia's Install - '88 560SL; Pioneer Stage 4 + Focal speakers

If interested, please refer to and scroll down into the thread titles 107-Audio-threads posted in the R/C107 section of the forum to beginning from page 11, thread # 108 thru # 127 and subject titled Rewillia's Install - 88 560SL for complete details and photos of this custom high-end component installation in my 1988 560SL.

Features: Pioneer's flagship high-end "Stage 4" 8-channel pre-out head unit model DEX-P99RS including HD radio and Sirius Sat Radio together with Focal K2 series component speakers, sub, and amplifiers.

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/r-c107-sl-slc-class/1643707-107-audio-thread.html

Update: November 8th, 2012

Since my initial posting of the installation in my 107, I have since added numerous other (posts) to the thread the include photos of various stages of all of the components. Near completion (99%), I am awaiting arrival of the color coordinated speaker grille fabric for the rear 6.75's and will do the final install of the rear deck cover once completed.

Post today include close-ups of the trunk mounted amps/capacitor and concealed wiring along with the front 4" dash speaker installation.

Hope you and enjoy and that others find this info useful toward their own installations.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Simple Audio upgrade to my stock speakers

on my 2008 CLS63......I kept the Command unit....but.......installed the following:

Audison Bit 10 Sound Processor with optional controller (this is used to control sub bass level and even turn off subs)

4 channel Alpine PDX-F4 (4 x 100 watts) for the interior speakers.

Front Speakers - Focal 6.5 165 v30's (6.5 inch woofer and tweeter)
Rear Door Speakers - Focal 6.5 co-axials

Trunk - 2 Alpine Type R-10's powered by a JL Audio 500/1.

Simple....clean and stock looking sound.

·
Premium Member
377 Posts
1995 S600 Coupe Old/New school build

Here are a few pics of my system. My system consists of: Dynaudio Esotec 362 3 way Components, Alpine 7620E Head Unit, 5959S 6 Disc Changer, Audison BitOne Processor, AudioControl Epicenter, Mcintosh MC440 6 Channel Amp, MC443 Mono Sub Amp, 4 WaveCor 8 3/4 subs.

Not quite finished with it as of yet.

Link to more pics. S600 Audio build - a set on Flickr

Pete

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Great job all. some wonderful pics..I have a 98 cl500 stock. Bose system. vol knob a little iffy. I just want to aquire bt stream/hands free cell talk with smartphone.. I want to get head unit swapped out or some adapter added to accomplish this. I am in Baltimore Md. Can you guys suggest a head unit or other equipment to get my smartphone to work with system? I am using some bt fm receiver its ok but not worthy of mb. I am 50 so keep that in mind heh heh. I dont use ipods. just pandora..cellphone and nav once in awhile. Thanks all..also what do I do to remove the phone system from dash and armrest. Want to get back the compartment space.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I installed in the rear of my 400e a 200 watt amp 50x4 with a NVX Bluetooth adapter i adapted everything to the factory speaker wires no head unit up front just a stained piece of wood to cover the oem headunit spot. Works great for me i use my 7 inch tablet to control all and or my cellphone which i can use for hands free calls.

Foto#1 is the adapter from sonicelectronix website.
Foto #2 is the amp with theadapter and wiring attached to the amp.

Attachments

141 - 149 of 149 Posts