Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

81 - 100 of 149 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Kenwood DNX7120

iPod hidden in glove box

JL Audio 500/5 behind rear seat powering Bose speakers and sub under drivers seat

Rear entertainment system for the kids with swivel screen

next on the list is replace Bose speakers with MB Quartz of JL audio Componets in rhe doors and LJL Audio sub in the back

·
Registered
12 Posts
Here is my 05 C23

I installed the IVA W205

The Navigation and Ipod are located in the glovebox

I also have a 10inch Xtant model Number x10t being powered by a MTX amp. model #tc8001

everything was installed by me

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi, I'm kind of new to cars. I just brought the 2008 C350 and I think I want to mod it. I don't really like the speaker systems that come with it and I also don't have the navigation system which I want also. Where do you think I can get the parts that some of you have? For example, the tv screens and the speaker systems. Can you also tell how much you paid to mod your car?
Thanks!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Full Rockford System.

-Premier Head Unit

-2 -4'' T1s up front
-2 -5.25'' T1s in the rear deck
-2 -15'' p2s
-1 -Punch 1 Farad Cap.
-1 -p600.1

·
Registered
22 Posts
I posted this in the SLK (R171) forum but thought I would put it here for others to reference.

When we bought our SLK 280 we ended up buying a "bridge" vehicle at a killer deal but it didn't have the command unit nor nav. After a bit of searching around we found the Kenwood DNX8120 to be the perfect solution. We had it installed yesterday and were extremely pleased with the result. Here are some pictures:

This is what the unit looks like with no power applied:

This is what the command menu looks like once power is applied. You have three different skins to choose from. This one seemed the least annoying to us. (Sorry about the blurred picture. I was shooting without flash to prevent glare back from the screen for this picture):

This is a picture of the iPod readout when connected and playing a song. What really impressed me was that the album art shows up on the screen. All those hours of grooming the song tags were not in vain. (Also note the glare from the flash... this is why the remaining pictures will be blurry as I wanted to avoid the glare). The iPod integration is perfect, even allowing for playlists and such to be selected.

This is a picture of the blue-tooth interface with the phone. Since the touch screen controlls the phone nicely (answering or calling) I had the phone buttons on the steering wheel programmed to change songs on the iPod or stations when on the radio tuner. You can add up to five phones to the interface. If both my wife and I are in the car with both of our phones, the first one that was programmed in (hers, of course) will be the one that integrates.

I'm super impressed with how intuitively the blue tooth phone interface works. This unit supports SMS and even DTMF tones for all those tech support hotlines out there. Time to add photos to the contacts!

This is the GPS portion of the unit. (no, it doesn't show my garage as a street:) )

This is the unit after pushing the eject button so that we can toss in a DVD, CD, or SD flash card:

And not sure why we would use this (perhaps while riding a ferry to Victoria BC?), but here is what the DVD video looks like:

Plusses about the unit:
1. Touchscreen - very, very nice and easy to use
2. Full integration - steering wheel controls and speakers work great. Watching the movie while testing it caused me to lose track of time.
3. iPod and Phone integration is best I've seen.
4. Fit and finish are as good as factory (thanks to the installer, more on that later).
5. Ease of use - I only had to consult the owners manual to figure out how to turn up the NAV volume. Everything else was estremely intuitive.

Minuses about the unit:
1. Unfortunately there is no way to integrate the phone controls on the steering wheel unless you hire a digital signal engineer.
2. The mount kit for the SLK is not correct. Luckily the professional installer I worked with basically re-manufactured/machined the mount so that it fit seemlessly.

I can't give enough kudos to the installer. :bowdown: He quoted me $45.00 for the install, and stood by it even when he figured out that he had to modify the mount kit. The job is as professional as it gets. We will be going back to him to have the Smart Top unit installed in a couple of weeks.

Sorry about the lengthy post, but I know other folks are interested in aftermarket NAV units and I wanted to document this alternative.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Speakers:

Pioneer accellerate series coaxials 6.5" front, 5.25" rear, 6.5" shelf

Headunit:

Pioneer Cheap headunit, can't remember name. Bought it because of the aux-input.

TouchScreen:

Lilliput 10.4"
- Why would i need a touchscreen?
I have a computer in the car. It is used for music/video/gps/internet++

The subs:
Pioneer TS-W307D4

The amp (need a better one!):

Magnat "The rock" 1000

·
Registered
18 Posts
Here is my 05 C23

I installed the IVA W205

The Navigation and Ipod are located in the glovebox

I also have a 10inch Xtant model Number x10t being powered by a MTX amp. model #tc8001

everything was installed by me
WOW! I see that you have a 2005 C230 and installed a double-din NAV in it. I have a 2007 C230 and want to install the Kenwood DNX8120 in it but everyone keeps saying that the radio will not fit, there is no install kit for double-din, and there is no wiring harness for my car.

If you dont mind, would you be willing to tell me what parts you were able to find for the car? I have been looking everywhere and all my local shops tell me no kit, no harness, and it wont fit. Even crutchfield says it wont fit.

Thanks!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Pioneer D3
PAC Turbo 1 Buffer / preamps ro match the D3 to the factory Bose Amp
Rear JL8 Mounted in a sealed fiberglass enclosure
SONY 250W Sub AMp
Bose Sub from early model W163 mounted under passenger seat
12" Overhead LCD
IPOD Classic in the glove box
No mods to the truck that can't go back to stock

Lowered w/ H&R and Bilstein
Cat back exhaust
ECU and tranny upgates
vented rotors
ceramic pads
roof rack delete

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
2003 E500 with Pioneer

Double DIN dash kit from Autotoys
Pioneer AVIC D3
Pioneer Bluetooth unit
Pioneer XM NavTraffic
Pioneer ipod cable

JL Audio 500/5 amplifier
4 gauge JL power cable
JL twisted RCA cables

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
2007 Mercedes AMG 63 CLE

1.Custom 7" Headrest Monitors
2. 12" Pioneer Sub & Custom box mounted to the underside of the deck lid.
3. X-BOX 360 & DvD Player & compartment for XBOX controllers flush mounted behind backseat center armrest.
4. K-40 Bluetooth Radar Detection System
5. Backup Camera
6. Modified Factory Radio to display Video inputs
7. Remote controlled video switcher. All Monitors Independently Switch To Any Source
8. Custom I-pod Nano dock in ashtray
9. Mac mini for media control

1. Custom hand built headrest monitor enclosure that DOES NOT interfere with Headrest Safety System. These are 7" Panasonic screens that tilt. If a smaller screen had been used the screen enclosures would be smaller as well. They have been finished with a vinyl matching the factory leather.

2. 12" Pioneer Sub & Custom box mounted to the underside of the deck lid. Woodgrain inside box lit up with LED's. Sub fires into rear glass for loud clean bass. Handmade acrylic emblems over cooling vents for amp & All electronics.

3. X-BOX 360 & DvD Player & compartment for XBOX controllers flush mounted behind backseat center armrest. The Drive was removed from XBOX 360 and flushed discreetly behind armrest. Everything is controlled with Remotes.

5. Backup Camera

8. Custom I-pod Nano dock in ashtray

Questions or comments Appreciated.
Are you using the HK speakers that come with the CLS? I just installed some Boston Pros into my 55 AMG, and i get a ton of static and distortion even after using the JL Cleansweep. If you have aftermarket speakers, let me know what you had to do to get rid of the problem. Thanks

·
Registered
24 Posts
HK sound wasn`t good enough 4 me

system in my CLS :
deck : Clarion DRX960RZ (cd deck with built-in dsp) + 6cd changer
ampli : old Alpine 3553 (front/rear systems) , JBL GT75.2 (sub)
speakers : 2 x 2way system MB Quart
sub : 10` MB Quart

I kept only central speaker for navi
...& what I have 2 do > signal from MB dvd to transmiter fm > my deck

face :

system before puting to the CLS :

(dsp Pioneer DEQ9200 is not used in CLS , the pic of stuff was taken after taking it out of my previous car)

·
Registered
366 Posts
SLK230 Carputer

Here is my system

A true car PC:

Jetway HD sound Nvidia video card
AMD athlon energy effcient 35w
2gb ram
Rearview mirror
OBD2 USB
BU 353 GPS USB
7" Xenarc touch screen sun readable LCD
Shock resistant industrial grade Seagate Hard Drive.
Multiple memory reader
Slot loading DVD-+R Drive
HD AM/FM radio

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
haven't posted here in a very long time but heres and update to the my system

Changed my head unit from the alpine to the Eclipse AVN6610

a little thump

81 - 100 of 149 Posts
About this Discussion
148 Replies
109 Participants
Chemo400E
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing