Registered
515 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
2007 CLE 63 AMG Custom Headrests, Sub, Xbox, Radar, DVD, I-pod, Backup Camera

2007 Mercedes AMG 63 CLE

1.Custom 7" Headrest Monitors
2. 12" Pioneer Sub & Custom box mounted to the underside of the deck lid.
3. X-BOX 360 & DvD Player & compartment for XBOX controllers flush mounted behind backseat center armrest.
4. K-40 Bluetooth Radar Detection System
5. Backup Camera
6. Modified Factory Radio to display Video inputs
7. Remote controlled video switcher. All Monitors Independently Switch To Any Source
8. Custom I-pod Nano dock in ashtray
9. Mac mini for media control

1. Custom hand built headrest monitor enclosure that DOES NOT interfere with Headrest Safety System. These are 7" Panasonic screens that tilt. If a smaller screen had been used the screen enclosures would be smaller as well. They have been finished with a vinyl matching the factory leather.

2. 12" Pioneer Sub & Custom box mounted to the underside of the deck lid. Woodgrain inside box lit up with LED's. Sub fires into rear glass for loud clean bass. Handmade acrylic emblems over cooling vents for amp & All electronics.

3. X-BOX 360 & DvD Player & compartment for XBOX controllers flush mounted behind backseat center armrest. The Drive was removed from XBOX 360 and flushed discreetly behind armrest. Everything is controlled with Remotes.

5. Backup Camera

8. Custom I-pod Nano dock in ashtray

Questions or comments Appreciated.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
The game system's always been a bit overboard IMO, but the fact that everything looks factory is amazing. I don't think I've seen an install with that much equipment and maintain the tastefulness of the original ride. Very nice.

·
Registered
219 Posts
DAMN!!!! that looks awesome 'MADE Indy'....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Prana25 said:
The game system's always been a bit overboard IMO, but the fact that everything looks factory is amazing. I don't think I've seen an install with that much equipment and maintain the tastefulness of the original ride. Very nice.
Have you seen the film "There's something about Mary".
There was a character in that film that thought it was OK to use the term retards.
Perhaps you saw the the film Prana and then genuinely thought it was a term of endearment towards disabled people, rather than a malicious insult.
Or perhaps you are trying to be "ironic"?

·
Registered
219 Posts
maximusx said:
There was a character in that film that thought it was OK to use the term retards.
Perhaps you saw the the film Prana and then genuinely thought it was a term of endearment towards disabled people, rather than a malicious insult.
i'm not trying to speak for Prana....but i gotta say that it's just a joke.....no need for parenting in this forum....MAN....

EVER HEAR THE PHRASE ~ LIGHTEN' UP ?

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
maximusx said:
PM Sent - let's keep personal issues off the board.

·
Registered
3 Posts
tvo-2 said:
DAMN!!!! that looks awesome 'MADE Indy'....
thanks tvo-2, we just finished installing a MAC MINI computer that runs thru all the screens and is installed right above the nav rom unit.
If anyone on these boards is interested in having there ride done up, let us know. We can do subtle like you see in the mercedes or we can do insane.

·
Registered
219 Posts
MADE Indy said:
thanks tvo-2, we just finished installing a MAC MINI computer that runs thru all the screens and is installed right above the nav rom unit.
If anyone on these boards is interested in having there ride done up, let us know. We can do subtle like you see in the mercedes or we can do insane.
you're welcome....disregarding the obvious (from Indianapolis??), as far as getting work done ~ where are you located?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Indianapolis Indiana, we can do more than grow corn here...lol. I am actually the builder on MTV's Pimp My Ride. My name is Cabe Sipes and I just moved back home and started my own company here.
Keep the comments coming!

·
Registered
169 Posts
ML Sport - Factory Bose with factory subwoofer.

Added components:
- JVC double DIN DVD headunit
- 2 seven inch built-in headrest monitors
- Clarion wireless IR headphones
- Zune brown

Headrests and HU:

The Zune cable comes through the cupholder in a 3/8" grommeted hole (cupholder is still usable and still folds in):

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Sound install in my '85 W123 230E

Hi, guys!

I also have the photos posted in the W123-forum, but I think it's probably more suited here. There's no way that I'm going to get a proper digital camera in the near future, so I apologise for the poor quality of my cellphone.

This is what I installed in my car so far. I bought most of my equipment online from US stores - South African prices are ridiculous:

Head unit: Kenwood KDC-X889 (bought it online from Woofersetc.com)
Stereo amp: Kenwood KAC-8452 (bought it online on eBay from Indo Audio)
Mono amp: Kenwood KAC-8152D (also from Woofersetc.com)
Front stage: Kenwood KFC-P403 components
Rear stage: Kenwood KFC-6909 (who bothers about rear fill anyway?)
Subwoofer: Two Kenwood KFC-W3009 12" in a 2 cu. ft. sealed enclosure

I used a 1 inch hole cutter to remove the A-pillar trim to fit the tweeter in the opening. What do guys think (apart from cursing me for cutting the trim)? Sound stage is great, by the way! How do your dashboards cope there in the US? The Germans obviously didn't design them to last for eternity in the African sun. Do yours also crack at the passenger side speaker?

Sorry for not being able to see my amps, but I think it's probably a good idea (out of sight, out of mind - is that how the saying goes?).

It's simply coincidence that both amps, next to each other, are exactly the same width as the sub enclosure. As you can see, the thing is huge (there's about a foot's worth of space in front of it). The W123 trunk is really small for such a large car, isn't it? Unfortunately, one sub simply won't penetrate the cabin sufficiently without having to turn the amp gains up.

I built the enclosure myself from 22 mm MDF. Needless to say, the thing weighs a ton, but I think I now have the ideal weight distribution in my car.

It may seem that I'm one of those guys who drive around with my windows down, wanting the world to hear me. It's really not the case. My objective was ultimate sound quality. So, even though I have two subs, the bass in the cabin is just right - tight and clean, with no boominess.

It's really amazing that when all doors and windows are closed, one can barely hear the music from the outside. Obviously one vaguely hears the bass (my rear bumper has a nasty rattle when those subs are pounding), but really not disturbing at all. It really goes to show how insulated and well built our tanks are.

Just want to mention that I did the install all by myself - I don't easily trust anybody to work on my car, especially when it comes to stripping the interior. It was quite an exercise. I had to strip the trunk trim, rear seats (has anybody tried putting that seatback back again?), all carpeting (to route the wires) and both lower dash panels. All audio wiring runs with the existing wiring (none of those cheesy neon RCA and speaker cables, mine is all black).

My car
Head unit
Front speaker and tweeter
Subwoofer enclosure
Stereo amplifier
Mono amplifier
Amplifier wiring

·
Registered
2 Posts
So is this the only way to hook up a zune? I assume it won't connect to the ipod interface? What type of cable did you use and who did this installation for you? My husband has an E350 ordered and we're trying to figure out a way to get my zune to work. Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
169 Posts
muglich said:
So is this the only way to hook up a zune? I assume it won't connect to the ipod interface? What type of cable did you use and who did this installation for you? My husband has an E350 ordered and we're trying to figure out a way to get my zune to work. Thanks for the info!
For now, the Zune needs to use an audio/video input - like a normal MP3 player. There are not any devices that enable you to navigate the Zune through the headunit (like iPod units). People are working on an adapter cable from iPod plug to Zune plug in order to dock the Zune to the millions of iPod devices, but that will not include outboard file navigation.

The exception would be if you did a carputer and hacked its registry in order to view the Zune like an external hard drive. Then you could play the files through a Windows Media Player.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Version 2

I went with two 10" in sealed enclosures. The boxes are fixed to the mounting board which was bolted down to the body.

Two amps under the false floor.

New Bluetooth HU and custom iPod docking. I know it's not the cleanest, but cut me a bit of slack. It was my 1st attempt to fabricate something from scratch. I'm already working on ways to do the next one better.

Attachments

41 - 60 of 149 Posts