Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

121 - 131 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
No. They're "protected" from the tires as they stick out more. So they're in perfect condition.

The 22'' wheels are more difficult... they are in NO way protected :eek

Next up is blue caliper paint and black paint on the rest of the stuff behind the wheels...

·
Registered
31 Posts
You have 22"s for the summer and the 19"s for the winter? I kept the 19"s for the summer and got 17"s for the winter. I sold the 17"s since I won't be using them any longer. I'm shipping the car to Greece for our summer vacations there.

I can't wait to see what you do with the calipers and discs. Please post pics!

Cheers

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yes that's correct. I must admit i partly bought this car because of those 22'' wheels :grin Tyres are 295 wide btw - I can just barely manage to lift them...

Shipping the car to Greece - wow! Isn't that expensive?

We're going to Rhodes, Greece in may. But we'll rent a car if we're going somewhere.

I'll post pics, no problem :grin

·
Registered
31 Posts
It's $1800 CDN to ship and I will need an additional 800 euros for customs, tourist plates and insurance for 1 month. The alternative is that every time I go to Greece and I rent a sh*tty minivan, of the Fiat Scudo, Hyundai or Nissan NV200 variety, it costs me ~$3500 CDN for a month.

Looking forward to the pics of your calipers and Rhodes.

Take care!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Another Austin Member

My 2010 R350 4Matic.
Nice R! Also, nice to see another member in Austin area. I have a white CDI with AMG package. Just got my 22's and will be getting tires soon. I'll post pics when the new shoes are on and drop springs/links are installed. I just got finished resealing the Oil Cooler as well, so YAY!!

121 - 131 of 131 Posts