Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there is a photo gallery, but the pics of the R-Class are few and far between. I would love to see pictures of member's rides all in one place-
This could also be a great place to post changes they have done, and pics of other R's that could inspire members to start modding their car :D

I will start with a Brabus car that looks like XRX's twin :bowdown:

And a pic of the spare tire that is kept in the boot, :rolleyes::

I posted a pic of a heavily modded car because I don't have an R-Class yet.

Please post pics of your R-Class stock, modded or Photoshopped!

·
Registered
785 Posts
Here is mine. Most R members here had seen my pic.

Attachments

·
Registered
785 Posts
Very cool-

It looks like you added chrome trim around your headlights?
That is correct.
Also chrome in all doors and the fog lights too, it has 70 watts Hyper Yellow H7 bulb which seen better in bad weather than OEM 55 Watts bulb.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Pulled the trigger on our first Benz last weekend - '06 R350. Thanks to the forum for helping me in the buying process. We are very happy, a joy to drive - much more enjoyable than I expected for such a big car. Just stock right now - I look forward to lowering her and adding some aftermarket wheels when I have some extra cash flow.

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Looks great Panny!
A few questions:
-Does the new spoiler replace the factory spoiler, or attach to it?
-what size are your wheels?
-Is your car Platinum Silver?

·
Registered
33 Posts
specs

the spoiler goes right on top of the existing one, it comes with some heavy duty double stick tape and primed for paint. the wheels are 18 and the color is pewter

·
Registered
81 Posts
Here is our 2006 R500. Purchased it in August 2008. I have added the wireless rear backup camera, 19" AMG wheels w/Michelin Lattitudes, chrome trim around front/rear lights, AMG pedal covers, brown floor mats, IU plate, Sheepskin inserts, cup holder in rear of the front console, nets for the cargo area, and soon a hitch for a cargo carrier.

The rest of the pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

·
Registered
4 Posts
Pulled the trigger on our first Benz last weekend - '06 R350. Thanks to the forum for helping me in the buying process. We are very happy, a joy to drive - much more enjoyable than I expected for such a big car. Just stock right now - I look forward to lowering her and adding some aftermarket wheels when I have some extra cash flow.
Why doesnt your R have chrome around the sides of the windows? Its all blacked out? Did you do that or did it come like that? Just wondering. I know on BMW's its called Shadoline and it comes on sport models or ///M cars..

Just wondering..looks sharp!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Why doesnt your R have chrome around the sides of the windows? Its all blacked out? Did you do that or did it come like that? Just wondering. I know on BMW's its called Shadoline and it comes on sport models or ///M cars..

Just wondering..looks sharp!
Thanks. I love this look too! I believe all of the '06s come stock with black trim. I believe they went with the chrome trim with the '07s. Can anyone confirm?

·
Registered
81 Posts
The chrome was an option in 2006, I think it was called "The Appearance Package", my 2006, the red R500 in the pics above, had the chrome option.

·
Registered
785 Posts
I wish my rear trunk handle wasn't chromed.
You WISH comes true.
You can black out your rear trunk chrome handle by using black vinyl sheet.(I like my rear trunk chrome better.Yes, black out the whole car if I own a sport car).
You can go to any Neon & Sign place and ask if they can sell you a sheet that fit your rear trunk.

Here are pics of blacked out side marker on my R.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 131 Posts