Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

41 - 60 of 1014 Posts

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
WOW, I am so happy this pic thread was started. Ever since I signed up on this forum, I've been checking here for pics. All pics so far are extra sweet keep'm coming.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I did it myself using chrome stripping. I have the grille peices painted to match my top grill and added the chrome strips. Looks very original.
yea, it looks really good. I might steal your idea!!:D

·
Registered
29,576 Posts
Real pics to come later but I shot this one on Christmas Day after a long day of chasing in-law dogs.

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
The last pic is when someone put ketchup all over my car, I thought it was pretty funny so I posted that one too.
I really hope that was a practical joke and not an angry X...LOL...I saw that and was like wow. Nice set up, the rims keep her looking real good.

·
Registered
29,576 Posts
RICHT420, What is the brand/source of the front lip on your car? Is it composite duraflex or fiberglass?

Car looks good by the way. Even the Heinz pinstriping.

·
Registered
28 Posts
2001 designo Silver S55

Is there another S55 AMG like this out there?

2001 designo Silver S55 AMG, Helios leather/curled natural maple, 4-place seating, Multicountour/Pulse/heated-cooled front seats, heated/cooled reclining rear seats, Parktronic, alcantara headliner. Geunine AMG 18 inch chrome staggered monoblocks. ABC.

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
How can a five-year old car have only 4037 miles???

Beautiful car and welcome a-board!

Owned by an 80 year old legally blind rich guy who has 4 other vehicles.. This was his baby and he wants an 08 now.. Couldnt pass up the deal especially since i picked the car up for $37k.. THanks for the warm welcome :D

·
Registered
21,652 Posts
Owned by an 80 year old legally blind rich guy who has 4 other vehicles.. This was his baby and he wants an 08 now.. Couldnt pass up the deal especially since i picked the car up for $37k.. THanks for the warm welcome :D
Wow! Congratulations!!

Any problems w/ the V12? I've heard that they are a bit tempermental, plus I've heard horror stories about cars that were not driven much... Which I assume your's did...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Wow! Congratulations!!

Any problems w/ the V12? I've heard that they are a bit tempermental, plus I've heard horror stories about cars that were not driven much... Which I assume your's did...

So far so good.. But then again Ive owned the car for a week.. In 97 we had bought a 91 Jaguar Vanden Plas with 6000 miles on it thinking it was a good deal.. In the first year we had to replace the rack, rear end, tires and shocks due to the low mileage.. It looked like the car was driven for a while and then sat for 5 years, hence the problems..

This car I know was taken out every so often and driven 30 miles to Manhattan and back to Queens so the 4000 miles was accumulated throughout the 5 years..

·
Registered
29,576 Posts
So far so good.. But then again Ive owned the car for a week.. In 97 we had bought a 91 Jaguar Vanden Plas with 6000 miles on it thinking it was a good deal.. In the first year we had to replace the rack, rear end, tires and shocks due to the low mileage.. It looked like the car was driven for a while and then sat for 5 years, hence the problems..

This car I know was taken out every so often and driven 30 miles to Manhattan and back to Queens so the 4000 miles was accumulated throughout the 5 years..
Nice looking car. So at least we know the AirMatic got a good workout on the Triborough and FDR. I like that color by the way.

41 - 60 of 1014 Posts