Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting a new CLK and wondering if I need an extended warranty. Plan on having the car for many years. Have you had problems with your CLK? Do you recommend buying one?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Yes!

If you plan on keeping the car for a long time, then I feel that you should buy the extended warranty. The reason is that if there is just one major problem to occur, it will probably cost more than $2000+ that you will pay for the warranty. It is nice to know that your car is covered for 8 years/100,000 miles.<br> <br> But the decision is more complex than that. Once you have decided to buy the extended warranty, the next decision is which one to buy (i.e. the 8 year/100,000 or the 6 year/100,000) This will depend on how many miles you expect to put on your CLK. if you are going to put a lot of miles on the CLK, then you may reach the 100,000 mile in 6 years. In that case, you would not want to pay more and buy the 8 year/100,000 mile warranty. But if you are using hte CLK as a weekend car, putting on minimal milage on it, then you may want to consider the 8 year/100,000 mile warranty.<br> <br> A lot of times, buyers are able to negotiate down the warranty price at the time of purchase. My brother recently bought a new c-class, and he was able to get the 8 year/100,000 warranty down to $2,000.<br>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Can you purchase the warrenty if you have already had the car for some time?

yes you can buy the aftermarkit warranty until the factory warranty expires check out heritage ins co 800 352 7676 or american bankers ins co 800669 0606 read the fine print on coverages towing and deductable good luck mark

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Can you purchase the warrenty if you have already had the car for some time?

yes you can buy the aftermarkit warranty until the factory warranty expires check out heritage ins co 800 352 7676 or american bankers ins co 800669 0606 read the fine print on coverages towing and deductable good luck mark

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
within one year, more

You can buy the MB premium 4 yr 50K mile warranty if you are the original purchaser and within one year of the purchase. Lisa Marie at Courtesy Motors in Chico CA will give you the best deal on this warranty, bar none, and a pleasure to deal with

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: within one year, more

What did you pay? My dealer is asking $2550 for the 4 year program.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts