Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I have a SATNAV question regarding my 2000 W220 S320.

The Satnav never worked since I got the car in 2010. The map shows “00 SAT” and I have never bothered to fix it.

When I open the trunk/boot, I can only see the 6 disc CD Changer there, is it normal? Should there be a SATNAV unit in my trunk/boot next to my 6 CD Changer too?

I just want to assess what’s wrong with my SATNAV and why is it doing “00 SAT”

Thanks Everyone! Have a fantastic day in your W220s

Nelson

·
Registered
2000 SL 600(R129) 45K 2003 S55(W220) 120K
91 Posts
No, and maybe...

Hello and welcome to the forum. Lots of useful information can be found on the Encyclopedia for W220 which is a sticky, directly above the post you have made in the forum. Are you referring to the upper right hand corner of the display screen when you use the NAV button? If it says 0 SAT, that may mean the unit is not locked onto any GPS satellites. I assume that this is a factory unit. Look for the COMMAND 2.5 links in the Sticky for general information.

The eject button on the factory headunit is below the display, where there is a CD slot. The changer in the trunk is for conventional Audio CD's, this slot on the unit is for a NAV CD. You can find the difference between C and D Versions of the year 2000 COMMAND also on the sticky. If there is a disk, and it is reading(not a no NAV disk error on the display), then there is some problem with the GPS antennae, connection or antennae itself, IMO. You can find update disks more easily for the D unit then the C.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Doug,

Thanks very much for your reply! :) it is great to see so many entheauists here!

I couldn't find out the issue and will have the dealer look into it next time =)

Cheers!
Nelson

·
Registered
2009 E350 4M Avant Garde, My Mistress 2002 S600, Wife 2014 C300 4M Avant Garde with AMG
1,017 Posts
Just check if there is actually a disk in the slot of the Comand head unit by selecting the EJCT button on the left (when in NAV mode).

If no CD is ejected, you need to get a CD for the nav areas you want to cover; there is about 10 different ones for NA.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just check if there is actually a disk in the slot of the Comand head unit by selecting the EJCT button on the left (when in NAV mode).

If no CD is ejected, you need to get a CD for the nav areas you want to cover; there is about 10 different ones for NA.

Hello Kraut!

Thanks for your help.

Yes, the disc is inside. If I manually calibrate the location (i.e. using the cross section between streets, and manually telling where it is) the nav will work without satellite for about few kilometers, just using the steering angle and speed, but it would still say 00SAT, then the position is lost within a few KM... (i would be in Tasmin Sea according to the nav)

Ummmm

Cheers :D
nelson

·
Registered
2009 E350 4M Avant Garde, My Mistress 2002 S600, Wife 2014 C300 4M Avant Garde with AMG
1,017 Posts
check the antenna coupler - search the forum

1 - 6 of 6 Posts