Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can´t hardly hear if I have the turn-signal blinking. I thought the relay (correct english?) was bad so I ordered a new one, but there is no difference. <br> <br> It might sound like a picky complaint, but it is really a problem for me, and it can be dangerous! In daylight I can´t see the green turn-signal indicators, and after making a turn often I don´t know if I am still indicating or not. <br> <br> I previously owned W116 and W126 S-class and they did not have this problem. Are the relays the different for these cars?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a 1988 560sl My turn signal is silent also.<br> I guess you have to remember & check to see if its off. Looking at the dash during the day to see if it is is dangerous. I just note the off postion<br> and check it that way during the day.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I found one (not so nice) solution

I put two pieces of black tape above the indicator lights on the dashboard to block the light. It really worked but it looked so stupid I imediately removed it. Maybe it is possible to do something nicer though.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I agree. what a pain in the ass! My 107 does the same thing. I'm just getting to the point were I remember to click it off (Both of my signals make no sound... I figured it was just past of the car's personality...

·
One of the BW Old Guard/R129, W204 Moderator
1997 SL500- 40th Anniversary
7,150 Posts
hmmm... Now that you mention it...

[8)][8)][8)][8)][8D]

I suppose one could locate the signal relay, and re-locate it? I have never given it much thought. In the south, hardly anyone uses turn signal anyway[:D]

·
Registered
'83 380SL
259 Posts
The location of the turn signal lights is the real problem - it's hard to see them, let alone see them flash, when you're driving.

It doen't bother me now, just got used to it I guess.

Back in the mid 70's American cars featured small shrouds on the front fenders, housing bulbs wired in series with the turn signals. These allowed you to check operation of the turn signal without taking your eyes off the road.

Now, I really cannot recommend you put a set of these on an SL from a cosmetic perspective, but if the signal issue is really hindering your enjoyment of the car, it would solve the problem.

·
Registered
560SL,380SL
4,012 Posts
I've been thinking about adding a second, really noisy relay to the circuit; I've also acquired some superbright 10mm green LED's and have been thinking about installing them in place of the bulbs.

·
Registered
'80 450SLC Afro RHD Ikonengold
2,808 Posts
Turn signal relay should be in the same casing with hazard lights switch.
At least that's the way in my car and I had never seen it any other way in 123, 124, 201, 107, 126 etc

The noise is such that you can almost feel it ticking.

450SLC 1980 euro

·
Registered
2017 Police Interceptor Utility, 2017 Police Interceptor Sedan
7,742 Posts
Djenka018 - 8/13/2005 4:43 PM

Turn signal relay should be in the same casing with hazard lights switch.
At least that's the way in my car and I had never seen it any other way in 123, 124, 201, 107, 126 etc

The noise is such that you can almost feel it ticking.

450SLC 1980 euro
After 1981 they went with the small switch in the console and a remote-mounted relay.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts