Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Should I use Mobil 1 Tri Syn 20W 50W

2120 Views 2 Replies 1 Participant Last post by  Guest (MBNZ)
I've spent the last two days reading many posts about recommended oil types and changing intervals. Unfortunatly most of the posts I've read are in reference to E-Class and C-Class Mercedes. Since the S-Class are so much larger, I would imagine whats great for the E and C Classes may not be so great for my S-Class.<br> <br> My driving habits? I baby my Benz. No hard cornering, no rapid accelleration except for getting on the freeway, no hard braking and I try to only take it out for long freeway trips of 50 miles or more. My wife, unfortunatly, often takes it for short trips to school and to the store.<br> <br> I live in Southern California where temps are rarely below 40. I travel to Las Vegas about 4-6 times per year.<br> <br> From what I've read, Mobil 1 Tri Syn seems to be very popular. Does 20W 50W seem right for me. Walmart seems to have the best price.<br> <br> Thanxxx i advance for any input.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
36,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I use Mobil 1 in all my cars. No problems. I take very good care of my cars, but I do not baby them -- once they are warmed up.<br> <br> '92 300SE @162K<br> '00 ML320 @24K<br> '88 Ford F250 with 460CID @ 120K<br> <br> Previously:<br> '94 C280 @ 56K<br> '88 560SL with 113K<br> '71 240Z @ 340K

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.