Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1995 E320 Cabriolet
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Found this vehicle while surfing the local Kijiji. They have owned it since it was a year old, second owners. Has been sitting for 2 years. Not the nicest color out there but body looks clean. Wonder if it needs suspension work or is sitting on blocks or jack stands.

1995 Mercedes-Benz 300-Series Sedan - Calgary Cars For Sale - Kijiji Calgary Canada.

Question is should I grab it, replace the fluids and make it a daily driver or are cars that have been sitting a headache? Obviously will have to check the common problems, headgasket, transmission, evaporator, harness etc before making an offer.

Attachments

·
Registered
'95 E300 DIESEL, '91 600SEL, '92 600SEL
17,371 Posts
Car appears to sit way too high like somebody put in the wrong springs and/or springpads.

Buyer beware!!!

·
Registered
E320/E250 Bluetec Ford F350 6.7l
36,706 Posts
So the motor was not turned for over 2 years (that probably means about 5) but they know it is strong?
Sure you have to buy the car for the price of parts, or inspect it very well. So the picture is about 5 years old?

·
W124 Moderator
86 190E 2.3L 16V, 2 95 320TE's, 02 S500
12,745 Posts
I'd ask the owners why they parked the car. Especially since the motor is "strong"..

·
Registered
1995 E320 Cabriolet
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Will ask some questions and view the car, if it checks out will try to lowball them on it, i wont pay anything close to 2000-2500 for it

·
Registered
1995 E320 Cabriolet
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Will ask some questions and view the car, if it checks out will try to lowball them on it, i wont pay anything close to 2000-2500 for it
The reason its sitting so high is because its sitting on blocks in the picture. The lady parked it as the fuel pump went on it and she was having somebody replace it but it was taking to long so she told him to forget it. Something doesnt add up here. Never seen a fuel pump go that early on a car.

·
Registered
1771 Cugnot Steam Wagen
472 Posts
When you hear the "Forget It" story it can be a lot of work, or not a lot. Depends. It never hurts to look. If you're really that interested, give the car a thorough look-over. Bring a battery because you really don't know how long it's been since it has been started and won't hold a charge. Great color combo. Good luck.

·
Registered
1995 E320 Cabriolet
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Damn that's some nice countryside. Do you like Calgary?
It's alright, nothing special.

When you hear the "Forget It" story it can be a lot of work, or not a lot. Depends. It never hurts to look. If you're really that interested, give the car a thorough look-over. Bring a battery because you really don't know how long it's been since it has been started and won't hold a charge. Great color combo. Good luck.
I am kind of wary of purchasing it as they gave up somewhat halfway through changing out the fuel pump. I have never really seen a fuel pump go that early and don't really like buying cars that I can't see running.

·
Registered
1771 Cugnot Steam Wagen
472 Posts
I am kind of wary of purchasing it as they gave up somewhat halfway through changing out the fuel pump. I have never really seen a fuel pump go that early and don't really like buying cars that I can't see running.[/QUOTE]
At 74,000 (120KMs), I've never seen myself see a fuel pump go that early but I guess it could happen. It just seems like they're hiding something. I wouldn't bother with it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts