Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi eveyone,<br>
It is the time for me to renew the Tel-Aid Service, but will u renew it for ur lovely C (costs $240.00USD a year) and why ?? <br>
I still cant decide it..... <br>
<br>
Thanks in advance !!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just renewed mine. I actually had to use it a last summer - I was 8 months pregnant in 110 degree heat when all the electrical power on the car started acting up on the way to childbirth class! They had a tow truck over within 10 minutes. Fortunately we were able to drive it home and bring it to the dealer next day (turned out to be the fuse box). I like the security of being able to push a button and talk to someone 24/7. I would recommend, but that is obviously my opinion.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
$20/mo. buys you peace of mind against the unexpected while in your car. I've used it several times for trivial/direction requests and it came in handy. Hope I never have to use it for something serious but know it's there if I do.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Just a question, why would you wanna pay for $250 when you have a cell phone and can call t....

Do you get billed monthly with that or do you have to pay it all upfront? What about when you buy the car? Is the first years subscription included or do you have to shell it out upfront?<br> <br> Thanks...

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Doesn't buy you anything you don't get with a cell phone and AAA

except for that exceedingly rare instance where you get into an accident, and are knocked out, but not dead. Then it might call someone to save you, and they may get there in time to rescue you.<br> <br> I say may because the few times I tried mine out (during the year free period) it was unreliable and I was hooked up with total idiots on the other line. When I was able to get through.<br> <br> I think its a ripoff, but I suppose people waste their money on a lot of things that are even more worthless. The sale of worthless goods and services drives the US economy, so more power to ya!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The 1st year and a whooping 30min is included free.

Although few ever go over the 30 min in the first year, that ought to say something. I've heard people have not only had problems with horrid hold times but also lloonngg waits on tows. Even my saleman said it was a rip off, the phone number to call MB is on the sun visor, just use a cell. We didn't renew ours. Maybe if nobody did MB would redo their pricing. If it were a $100 a year plus airtime I might reconsider. But $20 a month for something that isn't well staffed and is rarely used?? Plus it's my understanding that any directional help is only offered at an additional cost. I believe it's like $2.95 per use?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: Doesn't buy you anything ?

Ripoff is in the eye of the beholder. It will also track your car if stolen (if it's being driven), unlock or diagnose your car remotely (to some extent), call 911 if an accident happens that deploys your air bags and you don't respond, besides the normal calls for assistance. If $20/mo for it doesn't buy you any peace of mind don't do it. I don't like cell phones and don't have one but on occasion could have used one while traveling. So the Telaid works for me.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: Doesn't buy you anything ?

I locked my purse in the trunk for valet parking purposes, and the trunk key would not open (no problem opening trunk either with door panel or remote). It was 1:00 AM on a weekend night, and Tele Aid sent a trained MB mechanic, who was on call, from the closest dealership -- he called me from his home and arrived within 15 minutes.<br>
<br>
miki

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Has our favorite blond arrived?

Miki? It's me dennett! Glad Tel-aid was there for you! Although I believe if you'd called the 1-800 number on your visor you'd have gotten the exact same service. I'm one of the nay-sayers, but as someone else said, if it buys you piece of mind it's worth it!<br>
Do you still have your bimmer as well? I hang out at germancarfans.com nowadays. I use my old edmunds name. It's much like the old community sort of feeling. You ought to check it out!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Re: Has our favorite blond arrived?

Yes, Dennett 'tis me! -- the one and only :).....and it is very nice to hear from you.<br>
<br>
Re my call for help to TeleAid -- I am not absolutely positive, but I had the impression from my TeleAid information that if you do not subscribe to TeleAid there is no service available, even by calling the 800 number. However, this would not be the first time the blond was wrong :)<br>
<br>
I finally parted with my beloved bimmer -- it was very difficult to do so, but a friend needed a car for her teenage daughter and I thought the bimmer would be happy with her.<br>
<br>
Thank you for the link -- it works and I appreciate. I see you are pretty active there.<br>
<br>
Miki <br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Miki!!!

I figured it was you! I am pretty actice over at germancarfans, I like talking cars, especially German cars, in general. This is the place to be for tech questions and help with Mercedes, especially MLs!! LOL They really need the help!! Just kidding, I'm sure Drew's lurking LOL!! You ought log in at germancarfans, if not to post but just to grab the famous miki name!! I haven't heard from Ian in awhile, if you hear from him would you mention the site to him? The guys who run it are from his area, and one of them drives a new C plus an 02 E320 wagon.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Re: Miki!!!

Your wish is my command! :) I forwarded the info in your post to Ian. I have Drew on my Buddy list and check in with him once in a while......it is always nice seeing his name there.<br>
<br>
Miki

1 - 14 of 14 Posts