Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Should I remove the headlight wipers on my headlights?

• Take 'em off

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • Put 'em on

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Looks good either way

Votes: 8 42.1%

• Total voters
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
SL500, CL55, E350, E320
3,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in US and don't think it is necessary to have those little headlight wipers on. I've been taking them off and putting them backup on but can't decide. [:)] What do you think?

·
Registered
1990 500SL
39 Posts
I have to agree w/ deathrattle. I don't even know if mine work! and I'm not about to squeegy then run to the front of the car to check!

·
Registered
2006 SL500
144 Posts
Well that was a bit harsh. This forum is supposed to be constructive. One of the reasons I like coming here so much is that there are mature posters and so little/no flaming.

lnguyengh is a regular poster who is always ready to help. His knowledge and advice has helped me in the past with important issues I was facing concerning my car.

I don't ever want to post a question on this forum and wonder if it is going to be met with this type of criticism. I encourage you guys to remove your comments which are completely useless.

·
Registered
clk350
71 Posts
It's cool either way. I never have used mine. Thought of removing them, but hey, they are still there.

You may want to disconnect the power tho'. Somehow mine got flipped on, one went 1/2 way and stuck. Turned them off and the motor still buzzed and tried to reseat them.

Groaned at needing a service call, but called the 1-800 number, they talked me through a reset over the phone!

·
Registered
SL500, CL55, E350, E320
3,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, well, well ... didn't know a simple question would help showing people characteristics like that. And also didn't know there are many cheap shot MB owners...

Thanks Dallas_SL500 for your defense. I learned not to let these comments bothered me much. Don't leave a forum just because someone doesn't like you. Those who weren't raised right would make unprofessionally comments but don't let that stop you.

Only cowards/children would attack people on the "virtual" world (internet). I feel bad that no one moderates this forum anymore.

On the other hand, thanks all to your votes and comments. I guess I don't need the headlight wipers especially when I have bi-xenon now.

·
Registered
2009 SL550 Silver Arrow Launch Edition, 2013 Mercedes Benz C300 4Matic
986 Posts
Wheeeeeeeew Deathrattle! Talk about directing one's energy and "getting a life". How about directing your comments and positive (not negative) creativity towards something worthwhile and helpful rather than unprovoked attacks and insults.
We have a saying here in the USA as well: "If you do not have anything positive to say, don't say anything at all".

"Help one another, we are all brothers and sisters".

·
Registered
SL60 ///AMG
110 Posts
If you got it, keep it. If not, well it´s up to you. The wipers clean the dust of the headlamps (none and bi-lamps) so why remove a functional option? And you would not gain higher speed.

Ugly? No!

Attachments

·
Registered
1990 500SL
39 Posts
Though I agreed w/ Deathr in the beginning, it was only as to the lack of importance (wipers/no wipers). I suggest that we stop transgressing the norms of decency & show that we have "SL-class"

Dallas, My apologies if I came across as too agressive (remember I am the guy with the super video links in the "Windows" thread). You can't say that I'm not "constructive" in this forum.

Whether we're Americans or Europeans, one thing is even cooler: We are SL owners!

·
Registered
75 Posts
I tried. I really did.

But I can't resist citing the irony. To review, Inguyenh wonders if he should leave his headlamp wipers off his car, he starts a thread, and then he attacked for same by Deathrattle:
I think it's sad you don't have anything more important to occupy your mind-get a life!
Yet this Deathrattle is the same chap who authored a thread titled "Will Jacko be found guilty?", and here is the burning question occupying his mind:
Will Jacko get a fair trial in Sta (sic) Barbara? What effect will the memories of the O.J. case have?
Pity I can't start a poll mid-thread. My guess is Deathrattle would win in a shut-out among contenders of who should "get a life".

Finally, to address the questions posted in the this thread and the one mentioned...Inguyenh: as long as they function properly, leave the wipers on. Deathrattle: Jackson can get a fair trial in Santa Barbara County, and the O.J. case has positively nothing to do with Jackson's.

·
Registered
1999 SL500
19 Posts
My SL was ordered without the wipers and I think it has a cleaner look to it. Also, no chance of kids picking them off.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts