Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2006 E55 AMG Renntech
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently installed the new miesterschaft exhaust on my 06. Im debating on pulling out the resonators and looking for some opinions, or anybody who has a similar setup.

I should tell you from the jump here that I am one of the guys who loves the super loud benz's and bimmers. I watched video after video on youtube before I installed, and still do now! Bit of an addiction...

Renntech ECU
Renntech pullies
Renntech heads
Miesterschaft (black tips!)
K&N
20" MHT's
suspension conversion

I will take some pics and post tomorrow if weather is nice.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
I don't own one but it shouldn't make much of a HP difference..

If you remove them it will be louder, since you like it, I say go for it.

·
Registered
2006 E55 AMG Renntech
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nuff said! lol. Im doing it... I cant really find a reason not to. Im not looking for hp, purely for sound...

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
You should post a vid on how it sounds afterwards. An E55 should sound interesting at wide open throttle without the exhaust. Make sure you go to a shop that will put straight pipe to the back and weld your stock tips on to create a stock look.

I know when I pulled the exhaust off my C6 it sounded kinda like a C6-R. The sound alone will intimidate anyone who thinks they want to race with you.

·
Registered
2006 E55 AMG Renntech
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ya I hear ya. I actually own a shop so thankfully I dont have to worry about shotty work... Its already an after market exhaust, so Im just debating on deleting the resonators.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Ya I hear ya. I actually own a shop so thankfully I dont have to worry about shotty work... Its already an after market exhaust, so Im just debating on deleting the resonators.
Oh I see. Well Corvettes, Ferraris and Lambos don't come with resonators. Police interceptors don't come with them either.

·
Registered
2006 E55 AMG Renntech
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
LOL are saying that with a wink and a nudge! Im ok, I have built in radar jammer/deflector/detector. Check out my pics!

·
Registered
93 500 sel - 95 s500
612 Posts
Hey Eddy GO CANUCKS GO!! lol

Your in Vancouver too! Where do you get your work done to your 55? Have you heard of MB Euro Motors on 7th and near Cambie?

This should help you. It is before and after of a Sl55 with and without his resonators.

If you haven't got your resonators delete... - MBWorld.org Forums

Hope to see your ride around one day,

Kevin

·
Registered
2006 E55 AMG Renntech
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ya Im a vancouverite! I actually have my own shop on the north shore. But ya, know the place you are talking about...

·
Registered
2006 E55 AMG Renntech
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice video, I still havent done mine... Dont know why. Cant Decide if the miesterschaft is gnarley enough on its own...

·
Registered
2012 E63 Bi-Turbo w/ Renntech ECU Upgrade (and a 2011 ML350 BlueTec) 2005 E55 SOLD :(
220 Posts
Just had my E55 put on the lift last night, we measured about 70mm so we need just over that for pipe replacement. My shop warned me against using inferior tubing and I'm going to order some that will last longer than the year or two that the cheap stuff will last. That video and the sound captivated me, thanks for sharing...hope to be back on the rack in a week or two with bright lights and sparks coming out from underneath the car, re-awakining the Phoenix in my car!

·
Registered
2012 E63 Bi-Turbo w/ Renntech ECU Upgrade (and a 2011 ML350 BlueTec) 2005 E55 SOLD :(
220 Posts
Well, I had the work done and I like the results but don't expect them to be drastic. I would gauge the increase in sound and depth of tone to be a mere 20%. I just did the big resonator. Maybe I should do the other one?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts