Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello guys. I'm extremely new to this forum and I'm needing some serious advice on what you think of this price that I recieved from a dealer on a particular C63 AMG. This 2009 C63 AMG is fully loaded except for the tele-aid pkg. Specifically, it has everything including the metallic paint, multimedia pkg, AMG leather pkg, bi-zenon lights pkg, Carbon fiber trim, AMG Performance Pkg, etc. The total "drive-out" price on top of the standard MSRP that I was told is about $79,000. The salesman knocked it down to a $75,000 "drive-out" price. I still strongly believe that the total price is shockingly too high. (The MSRP on this specific vehicle comes to about $74,000 + the sales tax which comes to $79,000). So my question to everyone is: What "drive-out" price do you think I can get if I negotiate even further? Doesn't it mean that I can get a very good price on this car since the car market is doing very poor? :confused:

·
Registered
ABCLOSING
865 Posts
Where do you live? YOu can get a fully loaded 08 with less than 5k miles for 55k. That is shockingly expensive. DONT DO IT

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
my dealer will sell a 2010 at close to his invoice..for a 2009 thats far from a good deal
The 2010's are out?
The salesman told me that 2010 model wouldn't be out until October....?....

Where do you live? YOu can get a fully loaded 08 with less than 5k miles for 55k. That is shockingly expensive. DONT DO IT
I live in the Dallas, TX area. I'll probably give the dealership an offer between $60-65K "drive-out" tomorrow....What do you say?

·
Registered
ABCLOSING
865 Posts
Go low. THey are hurting like crazy and make sure to get the 1.9% financing. They are dying to sell cars wait til the end of the month to go in it helps.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Go low. THey are hurting like crazy and make sure to get the 1.9% financing. They are dying to sell cars wait til the end of the month to go in it helps.
What the heck!?! I'll give them an offer of $60K "drive-out". Does that sound realistic, or stupid? I guess I'll find out. :D

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Are you interested in a 2009 with 2800 miles?
I'm sorry, but I may have to pass for now. If I ever decide, I'll surely let you know my friend. Thank you for your kind offer. :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
price of new c63

Hello guys. I'm extremely new to this forum and I'm needing some serious advice on what you think of this price that I recieved from a dealer on a particular C63 AMG. This 2009 C63 AMG is fully loaded except for the tele-aid pkg. Specifically, it has everything including the metallic paint, multimedia pkg, AMG leather pkg, bi-zenon lights pkg, Carbon fiber trim, AMG Performance Pkg, etc. The total "drive-out" price on top of the standard MSRP that I was told is about $79,000. The salesman knocked it down to a $75,000 "drive-out" price. I still strongly believe that the total price is shockingly too high. (The MSRP on this specific vehicle comes to about $74,000 + the sales tax which comes to $79,000). So my question to everyone is: What "drive-out" price do you think I can get if I negotiate even further? Doesn't it mean that I can get a very good price on this car since the car market is doing very poor? :confused:
Maybe there are regional differences, but here in Southern California, where the dealers have plenty of inventory, I had little trouble getting my '09 3 months ago for $5k under MSRP. I could have done even a few hundred better, but I wanted one with 2-tone interior, which is uncommon, and it would have been unseemly. The best price I found on the Internet was MB of Southbay. When confronted with their prices, my local dealers all were willing to come reasonable close. I can recommend my salesman at MB of San Diego: Martin Datnow. You can reach him at [email protected]

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Maybe there are regional differences, but here in Southern California, where the dealers have plenty of inventory, I had little trouble getting my '09 3 months ago for $5k under MSRP. I could have done even a few hundred better, but I wanted one with 2-tone interior, which is uncommon, and it would have been unseemly. The best price I found on the Internet was MB of Southbay. When confronted with their prices, my local dealers all were willing to come reasonable close. I can recommend my salesman at MB of San Diego: Martin Datnow. You can reach him at [email protected]
Thanks for that info. I called my salesman at the dealership today and gave them my final offer for $65K "drive-out". He denied my offer and was extremely firm with $75K "drive-out". Everyone says the economy is down, but these dealers in the Dallas, TX will not cut me a very good deal. This makes me very angry. :mad:

·
Registered
2009 C63 AMG
13 Posts
That is crazy! I just paid the same amount in Canadian dollars. Makes no sense. Good luck and give another dealer a shot. There are better deals out there!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That is crazy! I just paid the same amount in Canadian dollars. Makes no sense. Good luck and give another dealer a shot. There are better deals out there!
I was seriously considering buying that '09 C63 AMG for $65K "out the door", but it looks like I may have a change of plans. BMW is giving me better pricing on their M3's. Looks like I just may end up with a M3 Sedan with a 6 speed manual. Please don't be upset if I turn my back on the Merc....We'll still be friends. :D

·
Registered
'05 C230 Kompressor,
314 Posts
wow---so basically the C63 have depreciated $20K in just one year!!!!!????!!!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
what is the latest price on C63

Anyone bought a C63 recently? My friend told me that dealers are sellig 08 CL600 for $80K off sticker. Thanks.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sorry I didn't update anyone on what I did. I finally ordered my base level '09 e90 m3 for $56K out the door. If the merc dealer would've done $65K out the door, I would've had a c63 right now.....But that's not the case. I'm perfectly happy now with the m3 I ordered and it's just the way I wanted it to be. :)

·
Registered
1998 W140 S320
16 Posts
Sorry I didn't update anyone on what I did. I finally ordered my base level '09 e90 m3 for $56K out the door. If the merc dealer would've done $65K out the door, I would've had a c63 right now.....But that's not the case. I'm perfectly happy now with the m3 I ordered and it's just the way I wanted it to be. :)
Congrats dude.

Please let us know how it turns out. Share some pictures when you get the chance.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Congrats dude.

Please let us know how it turns out. Share some pictures when you get the chance.
Thanks man. I still have about another month before my m3 comes in, and then I'll do some mods to it. Hopefully I can take pics after the mods are in place. :D

·
Registered
'13 911 Turbo S, '11 C63 AMG, 944 Turbo Track Car, '68 250SE CONV(2) 72 Unimog 411D, 85 190E 2.3-16
407 Posts
I was seriously considering buying that '09 C63 AMG for $65K "out the door", but it looks like I may have a change of plans. BMW is giving me better pricing on their M3's. Looks like I just may end up with a M3 Sedan with a 6 speed manual. Please don't be upset if I turn my back on the Merc....We'll still be friends. :D
Definitely do not give those greedy bums that kind of cash! WTF is this "out the door" shit!? Yeah, like they are doing you a favor, no, you are doing THEM a favor! I don't care what these guys say; they are hurting big-time. It's a buyer's market, so go find the best deal you can on any brand car, who cares?

Look if you get the BMW you may have to get spanked by a 63 in order to regret buying it but at least you will have some extra change left over:)

wow---so basically the C63 have depreciated $20K in just one year!!!!!????!!!!
This is what is going to hurt really badly in this economy. Depreciation of vehicles has increased dramatically. You can count on 20-25% in the first year or so and it won't matter what Galves, KBB or Edmunds says. It is well beyond what the price guides are quoting so be prepared to take a serious hit on any new vehicle after 1-2 years.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts