Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
S320W
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is getting an s-class some tints in the rear window and rear passenger window cheap? Iam not sure, at some points i like the dark look and at other times i think it looks like a cheap japanease car. And if i do, what percentage should it be?

In illinois, you can only get the rear window and rear passanger window tinted.

My car is black in color.

· Registered
'99 SL500,'92 500SEL
18 Posts
I don't think tinted windows make your car look like a cheap japanese car. However, if I ...

I don't think tinted windows make your car look like a cheap japanese car. However, if I were to tint my windows, I would do the whole car, front windows included. I know this may not be legal in some states, but I think the car looks better that way. My neighbor runs a limo service and he's got an s500 with tint all around. Dark too and it looks gorgeous. I don't know how he gets away with it, but I know it is not legal to have the fronts tinted in SF. If it was my car, I would either tint it dark all the way around or leave it alone. In your case I would just leave it alone. None of my cars are tinted right now.

· Registered
W126 420SEL, W123CE
52 Posts
I wouldn't tint my MBs.
Simple reason is that for me they're dark enough as they are.

I wouldn't tint my MBs.
Simple reason is that for me they're dark enough as they are.

That said, I had tinted my wife's SUV few weeks ago, as per her request. ( she carries boxes and boxes of brochures, forms, and applications for her work and do not want the boxes to be too visible).

I had chosen the darkest tint, although friends had advised a grade or two down.
It came out OK though; but you get to get used to it while driving, especially during night time.
(doesn't take long to adapt).

Only advice is to give the work to a pro.
The film he uses is of better quality; and the work is perfect.

cheers,
golfkaki

· Registered
2009 Porsche Cayman S // 2007 Mercedes E350
50 Posts
Go for it. Black cars with black tints are beautiful. Chrome tints look a little strange o...

Go for it. Black cars with black tints are beautiful. Chrome tints look a little strange on anything but silver cars. We also have that law in CA, but nobody checks it really unless you have something like limo tints in the front. I have all four done, the fronts are pretty light.

It also saves ur interior from UV light or something like that....although that may be a marketing gimmic

· Registered
65 Posts
yes on tinting

I have a 600 SEL and and hve limmo tint all around. I live 5 min. north of San Francisco and have not had any problems. The car looks so much better and it keeps the seats protected from the sun. your car will also not get close to as hot during the summer. Dont forget that most tinting shops will do your car for 300 if you pay them in cash. they will say $450 to the $550 range but dont let them. just say 300 cash take it or leave it. trust me they will take it. it takes only 2-3 hours to do your car.
-get em tinted -Kristian

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.