Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 116 Posts

·
66,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am seriously considering trading in my RX7 for the SLC, do you think it's a wise move?

·
BenzWorld Elitist
11,490 Posts
Seriously, since they're everyone's least-favorite SL, they can be had for a song. I say go for it. Get an 85 which already has the dual chain.

Whoa, just caught that you said SLC. Rare and cool, definitely.
What's the last year on the C?

·
66,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This one had just had a head redone. I will ask about the timing chain but I would assume it's new since I replaced the chain on the 190E when I did its head job.
It's an 81 with 125K miles

·
BenzWorld Elitist
11,490 Posts
FS: 1981 380SLC Mercedes-Benz MINT - StanceWorks

Judging from this one they don't even have a clock in place of the middle vent, which is one thing that annoys me about 107s. I'm totally on board. Link to yours??

I think it's so funny how many brown cars they made back then. And I think green is on its way back, slowly. I've seen one green W221 and one green W211. They're beautiful and rare.

·
BenzWorld Elitist
11,490 Posts
Beautiful color, promise me you'll put it in the garage or at least use a car cover!

WTF, the climate control works? I don't believe that.

I love small V8s. He mentions new timing chain :thumbsup:

Lots of fun little projects too looks like.

Seriously, what's not to love?

·
Registered
6,234 Posts
Drop down to the 107 and see what has been found on CL, EBAY and such.. But, yea go euro or go home..

Interested in a 71 350slc??

·
Forum Administrator , RC Colas® & Moon Pies®
39,177 Posts
Beautiful color, promise me you'll put it in the garage or at least use a car cover!

WTF, the climate control works? I don't believe that.

I love small V8s. He mentions new timing chain :thumbsup:

Lots of fun little projects too looks like.

Seriously, what's not to love?
I'm rather partial to that year, engine and color myself.

The louvers are not the simple job he makes it out to be. As for the Climate Control...if it works now, it won't later. Doesn't matter, though since GermanStar needs to pay for a new lens, right?

The windshield has been replaced as have the chrome wipers.

I would love to have an SLC as a daily driver but when you do drive it daily, it becomes a dirty little piggy like below.

·
Banned
472 Posts
Whatever you choose to do,
remember that the r107 will be a future classic, especially the SLC, so dont pass up a good...
Der Bomber:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 116 Posts